PS4 BL GOTY Connection Issue

(Taggerox) #41

Are any updates in the works? I have not recieved any updates

(Michaellaing1) #42

I forwarded those ports and was able to play public networking setting with a friend!

1 Like
(freakingmonkeys) #43

Filed a report and I hope this gets fixed soon. I like playing this game but I’d like to play with my friend.

(Christian) #44

I’m glad you got it working, did you both forward the ports?

(Ztalon25) #45

Glad someone is finding a workaround, but I am more interested in the problem being addressed at the source. I’ll either play a bit solo, or play other games until this gets fixed properly…hopefully sooner rather than later.

(pcormie232) #46

2 full days and 2 tickets submitted, with no response and no public acknowledgement on social media for this nasty bug. That’s pretty sad on gearbox’s end, especially considering how many people this is affecting.

It’s possible to miss bugs when a game ships, but this is a very critical issue that should have been at least addressed by Gearbox. I’ll give them until tomorrow, then I’m returning this nonsense.

2 Likes
(B Biddy) #47

Exactly the same issue here. 4 of us have tried to join each other etc… And no luck.

(urcorruptweclaim) #48

Yeah it’s really a shame that this is even an issue, I mean seriously come on gearbox. I tried to join a buddy for over an hour, nothing, so we played far cry no problems playing together, then I played path of exile, no problems and that game is free to play, I had to buy borderlands and cant even connect with friends. This is very unacceptable.

1 Like
(Chaosboy1975) #49

Same issue here, already filed a ticket, hopefully it gets sorted quick so I can play the game with friends

(SecretMage) #50

I just bought my friend and I a copy of the Remaster only to find out we can’t connect to each other after an hour of trying with several different methods. I submitted a ticket, but I hope this is addressed soon.

(monkeycatt) #51

same issue here…been trying for the last 2 days (since release) and cannot connect to anybody online through friend/invite only. same error message as everyone else. it’s really annoying considering we used to play this online without any major issues in 2009 on xbox360/ps3. do you guys think they’ll sort this out any time soon or are we gonna have to solo it?

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #52

Have any of you tried opening ports manually as suggested in the link in post 38 ?

Just curious because if that does resolve the issue, then it would look like the PS4 version of the game at least isn’t properly requesting the open ports (or some option on the PS4 is blocking it.)

Related question: What is the NAT type setting on your PS4?

(urcorruptweclaim) #53

I should not have to open my ports to run coop, when I don t have to do that on every multiplayer game I own except this one. No gearbox needs to fix this, no one should have to open ports, I can go online with borderlands 2 right now, far cry, path of exile, diablo, and so on, this needs to be fixed asap, and yes a friend tried the open port and it didn’t work, I’m perplexed as why this is the only game having issues with online, but again tell me how its playstations fault

9 Likes
(spykemajeska) #54

Forward the following ports for your console or pc (worked for me on ps4) 7777, 28900, 27900, 28910, 29900-29901, 28901 I used both tcp/udp. Able to host 3 times in a row afterwatds

1 Like
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #55

I didn’t say it was anybody’s fault.

A lot of games (and consoles and other hardware) use UPNP to automatically open the ports required on your router. If for some reason the BL1 GOTY R version is not triggering the requests, or is requesting the wrong ports, it will greatly hinder (even prevent) multi-player.

If that is the case, then obviously a code fix will be needed tor a permanent solution. Meanwhile, if manually opening the ports works, you would at least be able to play.

Please remember that - whatever the root cause - if a permanent solution does require a code update, that update will have to go through certification with Sony, so it won’t be an overnight fix.

I totally get the frustration - I had the same situation for a long time with BL2 and TPS on XB1 - but there it’s unlikely that there will be something the developers can simply push out tomorrow to permanently resolve the situation.

(Michaellaing1) #56

I for one forwarded the ports and was able to have a friend join me when setting the network settings in the game to public, and then I was also able to join his game as well, I’m NAT Type 2

1 Like
(Ztalon25) #58

I feel the same way. If it can’t be fixed from the source, then so be it. I will play solo or go play a game that actually allows me to play with my friends without problem solving.

1 Like
(Sp4rkypro8) #60

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to games on the PS4. Can’t even connect to friends as it always fails!! Is this a known fault gearbox??

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #61

Merged you into the main connection issues thread. There are some possible work-arounds up-thread which may work for you. Otherwise, please file a bug report through the support website.

(Checkyesjulie) #62

My friend and I have been having the connection issue and got it to work once on opening night that I could join his lobby… somehow? But last night it would not let either of us play together-- after trying everything I could think of-- I went back to my lobby… switched it to Public, sent an invite and it let him join. I don’t know if that helped or if it was just a fluke. I switched it back to friends only and we were able to play the rest of the night. :woman_shrugging: