PS4 BL GOTY Connection Issue

(pcormie232) #63

Well I would say it’s somebody’s fault, specifically Gearbox. I understand you’re a mod so you want to paint them in a positive light, but this is exactly what network testing is for in QA. It’s obvious they did not properly test on consoles before shipping. (I worked in QA on 2 different AAA multiplayer games, so I actually know what I’m talking about on this subject). I also understand this might take a patch to fix, which also takes time for review/approval from Sony.

Patches and blame aside, the most infuriating and disappointing part of all this is, is how low key Gearbox is being. 3 days and still no public acknowledgement that they’re aware and trying to fix. There’s no defense for that really.

9 Likes
(harlenholloway44) #65

Hey VaultHunter101, got any news regarding a potential patch on PS4? I know you’re all scrambling to get this sorted ASAP, but solo borderlands isnt nearly as fun as co-op. I really dont want to be bothered asking my friends to port forward and jump through hurdles just to game with me. I was really looking forward to playing this start to finish with a full team of 4…

1 Like
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #66

I will ask.

1 Like
(Callmegoro) #67

I’m just as frustrated as anyone with the “ship it now, fix it later” approach game makers take nowadays, which is why I don’t normally pre-order or buy games immediately upon release. Borderlands was a special exception for me and now I’m paying for breaking my own rule. Hopefully they’ll have it fixed quickly. Fingers crossed.

1 Like
(spykemajeska) #68

I was just trying to offer help for everyone having an issue… I am frustrated as well as I had to walk my buddy through the process so he could host (since I was ahead of him and he was ‘ineligible’ for) However I am about to just make his ps4 DMZ on his router so I don’t have to do any other work, pretty sure he botched the port forwarding I walked him through.

Opening the ports isn’t a 100% perfect fix, but it got me playing and that’s all I cared about. Knowing Gearbox, they will have it fixed fast and most likely give us shift codes for the frustration… so in the end going through this is annoying, but free shift codes isn’t :wink:

(Callmegoro) #69

I tried opening all the suggested ports and also tried putting my PS4 in the DMZ. Unfortunately, these attempts did nothing. It’s especially frustrating for my because I already own the PC version of this game and only bought the PS4 version, along with a month of Playstation Plus, to play online with two of my friends. They are roommates and so are having no trouble playing with each other, so I told them to go ahead and play without me. By the time this issue is resolved they’ll probably be half way through the game. I feel like I gave 2K/Gearbox $30 for nothing and Sony another $10 for nothing. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like
(Old_Wolf) #70

Same here. Only bought this to play with friends. None of us are able to connect to eachother.

According to Sony’s return policy:

Digital content that you have started downloading or streaming, and in-game consumables that have been delivered, are not eligible for a refund unless the content is faulty.

Unfortunately, it might be time for everyone to request a refund if they aren’t taking this seriously:
https://support.playstation.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

2 Likes
(Classicblunder_2) #71

It seems that there is a common problem with connecting with friends in the borderlands remaster. When you try to join it tells you that you lost your connection with the host.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Has gearbox acknowledged this?

1 Like
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #72

Threads merged.

Yes. it is a common problem. Some folks have had success manually forwarding ports for the game (see up-thread for details and links) but it doesn’t seem to work for everyone.

(Jakeloveu99) #73

Well I hope do something soon and let us know what they plan to do.:unamused:

(06rmadrid) #74

Any updates on an upcoming patch? Please answer if anyone is actually working on a fix or not.

(Christian) #75

I’ve got it working by enabling DMZ and then creating a game, setting it to offline and then setting it to public. Had a few randoms join almost immediately!

(Mr_Matt) #76

Well this port forwarding business is far too complicated and utterly beyond me…

Guess I’m stuck solo for now! :unamused:

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #77

Try toggling the game mode like cookie noted in the most immediately above yours. This has sometimes worked when I’ve experienced the same issue on BL2 on XB1. (Although it doesn’t always work.)

2 Likes
(harlenholloway44) #79

They’re probably not allowed to disclose that

(06rmadrid) #80

Even if that’s the case, some kind of acknowledgement from gearbox that they’re working on the issue would be nice.

1 Like
(Jakeloveu99) #81

starting to feel like 2k and gear box don’t care

(harlenholloway44) #82

Its only been a couple days. It would be unwise to publicly admit that the launch was a bit botched, from a financial perspective. Kinda ■■■■ business practice but what can ya do. I’m sure they’re trying to get this wrapped up as soon as possible to avoid taking a major hit in sales in its first week, give em a day or two

(Jakeloveu99) #83

like you said it has been a couple of days already . I’m sure people reported it on day one .

(harlenholloway44) #84

Cod ww2’s matchmaking was completely broken for like 2 weeks at launch, these sorts of things can take time