PS4 Pro (aka Neo) and Battleborn

It’s official! ps4 pro comes out November.
@JoeKGBX @Jythri
Could either of you two comment on if Battleborn will include a patch to use the new hardware capabilities?

2 Likes

I can tell you we’ve been excited about the new hardware since we heard about it a few months ago. As far as committing Battleborn to anything one way or the other, I don’t think that’s something we’re looking to talk much about at this point in time.

5 Likes

Inb4 neo skin for rath

1 Like

@JoeKGBX i’m still waiting for my Nintendo NX copy of Battleborn. Cartoon valiance is all the hype on their platforms.

3 Likes

Would you care to comment on whether Battleborn will be able to take advantage of the Xbox Play Anywhere that’s launching 9/13? Would be nice to merge the Windows-based communities together. That would help a lot of PC players that are having trouble finding matches.

Wait, I am confused. Will the playstation Pro play any PS4 game?

Yes. Both consoles will be fully supported.

But if they devs want to take advantage of the enhancements they have to patch it right?

I’d suggest reading any article on the PS4 Pro. That’ll explain everything.

Ok ok old thread I get it, now that Pro has arrived I’ve come across one concerning issue.

I was playing the Toby op and found that in the lobby the sound in the game totally dropped, ok minor concern I thought no problems I’ll play through with no sound,
clarified that it wasn’t my sound as a quick check with the ps button gave me sound on the ps menu. Moving forward, the game went through the introduction via Nova all running smoothly so far albeit the sound. Ok so found myself going down the elevator and starting to take on the minions, then all of a sudden the game starts to chug not like a lag issue with rubberbanding or delayed response, this was the game suffering through hardware issues. I pulled up the menu and that operated in its usual silky smooth way, I exited the Op and decidedly rejoined that exact same game to a chug free match.

I’m just curious as to if anyone else has had this happen to them? Or if some support for the pro will be in the foreseeable future. I did read the above post from @JoeKGBX

Very interesting. I’ll pass this on to the team so they can explore it. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

aka ‘we are having a tough time internally justifying the cost because we don’t foresee a meaningful increase in new buyers’

Because they totally haven’t consistently listened to their playerbase before about problems with the game and fixed those issues or added the requested features.

In all seriousness though dude, give them a chance before you shoot them down. Gbx hasn’t given up yet, even if a lot of others have