PS4 Second Character Ideas Thread

My first thread (I think), some of you might already know that I recently got a PS4 and as such have started from scratch on that console. I never had a PS3 so I have nothing from before to bring over.

I started out with a Siren called Magda, and she’s doing well, just finished the Tundra part of the story in TVHM. I’m considering starting my second character on the console once I finish TVHM, and i’m looking for ideas on ways to make it more interesting.

I would prefer the class choice to only be one of the original 4, excluding Siren clearly. Although if you have a very interesting idea for Gaige or Krieg, i’m still open to hearing the suggestion. I am happy with a niche playthrough, be it allegiance based, or a specific challenge to stick to throughout.

The only idea that has been suggested so far is a Dahl allegiance Salvador, which frankly sounds horrendous. I’d like to get a few more ideas before I settle down to a final choice.

2 Likes

When i get a new console i started with salvador. Cause he’s my farmer of all the vault hunters. So when i started the rest of the vault hunters they got good hand me down gears already.

4 Likes

I did that on Xbox, and if nobody suggests anything i’ll probably use him next :slight_smile:

1 Like

For selfish reasons, melee Zer0 would be challenging (I’m still looking for a 4 melee Zer0 coop session :stuck_out_tongue:).

3 Likes

I kinda hate Zer0… But it’s about the only non-psychotic suggestion so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What?!?:scream_cat:…hate is a strong word :pouting_cat::smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Perhaps. I just never got him. I tried melee zer0 on Xbox and to be fair I haven’t tried it since I got him to 72, maybe i’ll go and mess around with that before I decide assuming nobody else comes up with something!

2 Likes

Even a gun/melee hybrid could be something to try.

1 Like

I had a melee Zer0 going up through TVHM, but UVHM was not kind to him. If you don’t mind a melee hybrid and are on XB1…

2 Likes

PS4…I would love to play with you guys over there on the XB1.

Yeah, you can’t even join in the Minecraft cross-platform apparently:

2 Likes

Sony=LONER

2 Likes

I much prefer PS4, and i’ve had an Xbox One since 2015. PS4 for about 3 weeks. PS4 is just better.

1 Like

Console debate is one thing, cross-platform play is another. Sony is being stingy for no good reason. If they think they are going to lose sales, I think they are wrong. The resurgence of older games as well as new will bring more sales if you can play with someone on a different platform.

3 Likes

This is basically what’s wrong with the industry now. Most of the new stuff is terrible so they churn out these remasters or remakes because it’s easy and people will buy them for something decent to play. Anyway, i’m not trying to spark a console debate. I was a big Xbox fanboy last generation, and started this generation in a similar fashion. But the sheer volume of better exclusives the PS4 has, plus more games I am interested in this time around, made me give it a go, and i’m so pleased I did. Speaking objectively, I love my Xbox One, but this PS4 is just better in my opinion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I personally prefer the gun/melee hybrid (or in my case, sniper/gun/melee hybrid) Zer0. Both sniper and melee playstyles lend itself too much to ultra-specialized builds that are either screwed in CQC (sniper Zer0) or from too long a distance (melee Zer0).

3 Likes

Best of both worlds and Zero being a “glass cannon”, will keep you on your toes for some exciting gameplay.

5 Likes

My suggestions- all pistol Zero, explosive Axton or Brawn build Salvador (my latest Salvador, Reverend Pain, uses my own Forever in Pain build, if you’ll allow me to toot my horn a bit :smiley:). As for either Gaige or Krieg- shotgun Krieg (especially with Butchers) or InfiniBee Anarchy Gaige (which requires the use of a Neutral alignment Necromancer mod from the Tiny Tina dlc).

2 Likes

The Brawnzerker sound interesting because if i’m honest Sal was probably my preference for next playthrough. I like it. That’s the winner so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering if I could combine a Brawn Build with the Bandit Allegiance for some time. Although now that I think about it the Bandit Allegiance would be best served with a Rampage build seeing as it has several bonuses for Fire Rate and such.

2 Likes