Psycho Toby: Unleashed

So, after seeing a flood of GREAT, AMAZING, AWESOME, AND EPIC fanart enter the forums, it made me a bit nostalgic of when I used to draw and stuff. I used the high of the community’s artistic talent to motivate myself into working on my very first piece of digital art in almost half a decade.

I’m a huge fan of Gearbox; Borderlands and Battleborn are definitely 2 of my favorite games. I thought my first contribution to Fanart for Battleborn should be a cross-over pic; I had ran a few ideas through my head quickly but only 1 really stood out. I fell in love with the concept almost immediately, asked other forum members for their thoughts on the concept, and decided to get to work on it! What I’m showing is the line-art to the concept, I do plan on coloring it…eventually. I am just too excited and proud about this drawing that I’ll post the linework without color for now.

CONCEPT: What if Toby was stranded on Pandora? What would happen?

ENTER PSYCHO TOBY

I want to give a shout out to
@HandsomeCam for his feedback and overall Toby knowledge which I felt I should tap into for the making of this piece.
@beya for being awesome and talented and probably the main inspiration for me picking up my brand new tablet and using it for the first time since I bought it months ago. Beya also helped me get unstock when it came to making some artistic decisions about the piece which helped me keep moving! I really appreciate it!
@lowlines for his awesome References, especially the Toby Reference sheet!
@matttgoodman for saying that the cross-over was blasphemous…SUCK IT NERD!!

28 Likes

awesome work !!! I’d pay for that skin!!!

9 Likes

Wow! This is Badass Mk. II :heart:

So amazing to see how many insanely talented people we have in this community, it´s beyond awesome!

2 Likes

Oh, man… I look TOTALLY BADASS!! Maybe NOW people will fear me! Great job, @Rabid_Explosions, and i’m honored that you included me in the “behind the scenes” work! It took a LOT of willpower not to spoil it by showing people how COOL i look!

#GAZE UPON PSYCHO TOBY AND DESPAIR!! HAHAHAHA!!

9 Likes

I’m genuinely concerned about running into that bandit leader in Borderlands 3.

6 Likes

@vrlalilulelo I agree with @masterpo1038 in that I’d like to see more Borderlands skins for Battleborn. I think it’d be interesting! Thanks!

@Ganjamira Thanks, Badass Mk. II is what I was aiming for.

@HandsomeCam Well, the Pengu is out of the bag sort-of-speak! Feel free to show your family, friends, and pets. :stuck_out_tongue: Again, thanks for dealing with me in the last few weeks. :open_mouth:

@HobbitWarrior I feel ya; I wouldn’t either.

5 Likes

Duuuude this looks so f*cking awesome! I would main Toby if this was a thing.

3 Likes

how about a fitting Berg as next project ? :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks, mi Amigo.

@HandsomeCam and I discussed that as well. As of now it’s not completely out of the question BUT one miracle at a time xD. This took about a month from conceptualizing till completion of the line-art…and It’s a fairly simple-ish design. I can just imagine how long it’d take me to draw Berg. I’ll probably do it though, it’s only fitting that Psycho Toby has a Psycho Berg.

3 Likes

Uh… @Jythri, @JoeKGBX and @dante_d_silva… I know you guys are busy making Battleborn awesome… But i REALLY think you guys should see this… Sorry…

7 Likes

…Now I want to see a Psycho version of Berg…

10 Likes

What other mashups would be good to see?? shane and aurox as the mechromancer? ambra as a siren? boldur as a gunzerker?

I smell some retexturing coming along…

3 Likes

I reallyreallyREALLY hope so, because i look SO COOL as a psycho, you guys!

@Rabid_Explosions, make Berg look cool too! Please? When you’ve got a sec! I mean… He ALREADY looks cool… It’s just…

AWW, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!

3 Likes

Berg might get a new paint job for Newshines Day. -.-

1 Like

Psycho Toby + Maya Reyna

Better yet, re-enact Kreig’s intro video (the one where you hear his inner voice) with Toby.

4 Likes

Scooter Benedict.
F**k it. I would BUY platinum for that sh*t…

CATCH A ROCKEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT!!!

10 Likes

In Tales of the Battleborn, Scooter Benedict blows himself up with his own rockets.

6 Likes

I know. And Montana Vasquez gets his f**king face ripped off and used as a mask…

5 Likes

@Benedict_87 Montana Vasquez: Oh you just HAD to go there didn’t you.

3 Likes