Pvp lore challenges should be obtainable against bots

Does anyone else think so?

16 Likes

I don’t think so. I understand why people want them to be, but these lore challenges are intended to be real achievements. It’s too easy to earn them on bots in my opinion, makes it kind of feel like worthless victory.

2 Likes

True but as a pve player I feel I’m missing out a little. It’s not this games pvp that I dislike but all pvp.

1 Like

I can understand not liking it. Ideally they would have had both a pve and pvp way to unlock each lore thing. Even though I enjoy the pvp I wouldn’t mind letting bot matches count. I don’t think it’ll change though unless a lot of people start complaining about it.

3 Likes

Well, PvE challenges are not obtainable in PvP, so I see no reason why PvP ones should be obtainalbe via PvE

9 Likes

Yea the challenges should be available when playing with bots. I mean the option is there to play with them. And some people dont like playing with other people. So why not let us get these challenges when playing alone. Bots still provide a nice challenge.

2 Likes

This was advertised as a competitive shooter with a single player campaign. At least that’s how I have interpreted the things I have seen from the game. I don’t know a single person IRL who bought this to play single player. I would be surprised if any of us complete the campaign before the multiplayer dies, may that time be far off.

The single player isn’t what will keep this game alive. If they want a successful game they need to focus on the multiplayer. This isn’t an extension of borderlands.

Believe me theres some people who just want to play this solo. And yes i know this is a multi-player focused game. But its possible to play and enjoy it solo.

4 Likes

I definitely wish I could unlock PVP lore challenges solo versus bots. I’d even be happy if the requirements went up tenfold or twentyfold. I’m perfectly fine with it being challenging - I agree that there’s no real sense of satisfaction or accomplishment if the rewards are basically handed to you. But some of us are much more comfortable playing solo. I will probably never play online multiplayer - unless someone finds a miraculous overnight cure for paranoid schizophrenia, at any rate - so it would be super cool if there was another option.

4 Likes

Yes I agree. Seeing some many players are at an instant disadvantage with the lag due to lack of regional Versus servers PVP aspects of the game are almost unplayable, we have resorted to playing Private Versus matches to allow us to experience PVP without the LAG.

3 Likes

Here here! If you disagree tell me how many times you’ve seem Ambra vs Galilean?

2 Likes

That’s the problem I have 19 matches in PvP have yet to see one ambra enemy
My favorite character will most likely be lore locked I would be ok if they generalized it instead of 75 ambra kills maybe 75 jennerac players seen rath or caldarius every game

1 Like

I 100% agree with the OP and would take it a step further and say make all the trophies obtainable in private matches, since there are several trophies and lore challenges that will be a serious PITA to get legit. I simply don’t have that much time these days to play for long periods so throwing us this bone would be appreciated :slight_smile:.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like this game but the multiplayer side isn’t that great IMO so being able to get our trophies in private games with either friends or bots would be great :slight_smile:.

5 Likes

I like how Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 handled it. You can get everything without having having to deal with peole not doing the objective, trolling, etc. as a solo player it make that game enjoyable and was able to Platinium trophy. Some players enjoy the mulitplay more as to meet peopl, etc. It would also be nice to complete challenges without the players quiting, players thinking its TDM when we are play Incursion, etc. or maybe Im just a grumpy old player. Be nice to have the option.

3 Likes

Gears of War did it and I see no reason why Battleborn shouldn’t do it as well.

8 Likes

Overwatch has a mode for players versus AI with multiple difficulty settings. Can we get some of that in Battleborn too? The groundwork is already there. Locking out progress just because some people prefer their own company really sucks.

5 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people asking for this, it’s good to see I’m not the only one ^^
Hopefully the devs will take note of it.

2 Likes

We have that in Battleborn, it just doesn’t count towards any player or character progression.

Honestly I think a lot of this is intentional. The game isn’t designed to be just PVE or PVP, I think the devs are using the lore challenges as incentives to play both modes.

If you play private matches versus bots you should get 100%, full xp/points/challenge progression as you would playing the other modes. This should be default especially since you are required to be Always Online to have access to the Progression System. Other games do this so it’s weird that Battleborn doesn’t.

I hope the devs do listen. Once they add this basic feature back into the game I’ll pick it up. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Back then, in the original Unreal Tournament, you could have ten levels of bots, from chickens with the heads chopped off to deadly aimbots. In the middle, there was an optimal setting for players to enjoy sufficient challenge. I loved it.

Here, we can have both that math an average player be the standard issue to fill in for dropped players.

1 Like