Thought I’d make a thread about the plenty little improvements that make it a more pleasant experience. BL2 was a fantastic game but it had its fair share of issues, and the more I think about it, the more I appreciate how BL3 addressed them. It fixes so much, it’s clear the developers paid close attention to where BL2 wasn’t ideal. So here’s just a short list of what comes to mind right now, I’m sure I’m forgetting half of it and you’re welcome to add your own.
- Buying ammo. Painful in BL2, perfect in BL3.
- Teleporting to any fast travel station from anywhere – no more “quit game and continue” to return to the last fast travel station
- Teleporting back to your vehicle.
- Vehicle handling. No more nervous jerking around with your Runner if you’re not extremely careful with the controls.
- Vehicle controls. I always hated the way they worked in Borderlands, I always wanted controls independent of aiming – BL3 actually lets you choose between 3 different models (key+mouse players: it’s hidden in the controller settings). All thumbs up!
- Invisible rocks/walls/whatever. In BL2 you’re constantly running into invisible barriers, at points you’re even unable to get over a kerb without jumping. Completely gone. Hallelujah!
- Colour customisation for player/vehicle skins is back.
- Buying SDU’s with money. I think this is a good change because now there’s actually something useful to spend money on. In BL2 you just collected money but it was mostly useless.
- Auto-pickup from loot crates. I’ve longed for this. Thank you!
- Eridium auto-pickup. Not exactly a game changer, but welcome nonetheless.
- Your vehicle choice is saved, and it takes only one button press in front of the catch-a-ride station to summon and enter your favourite vehicle. Thank you!
- 3D maps. Makes it so much easier to find the precise location of what you’re looking for. Remember Magnys Lighthouse with 3 or 4 planes on top of each other that made the map almost useless?
- No slag. Oh my God thank you!
This is just the stuff right off the top of my head, I’m sure I forgot half of it. Please share what you like. My point is that I really appreciate this attention to detail, it’s far from taken for granted, and I think it deserves acknowledgement.