- being able to inspect co-op buddies’ exact skill and gear loadout
- Seeing co-op buddies’ level and classmod (it was there in BL2, in fact)
- “Sell all non-favorites” at vendors (can exist alongside “sell all trash”)
- non-animation-locked, non-camera-locked, non-crap slams
- snappy melee with fast recovery (and a robust dash move with Athena)
- Vault hunters showing up in cutscenes
- NPCs having specific lines for specific vault hunters
- Vault hunters having mid-combat banter with each other
- Occasional legendaries in vendors (EDIT: this is fixed!)
- Grinder (with a vendor right next to it)
- Moonstone sinks
- dpresnell below me also pointed out an obvious one: the session browser. I prefer it to matchmaking, even with its flaws
- EDIT: being able to choose modifiers freely (I’m talking about the cortex arena mutators - the same principle could have been applied to BL3’s mayhem mode)
I can see some reasons as to why they didn’t want to bring the grinder back, but I think there should be at least a “legendary sink”. Let us reroll three of them, let us affect what gun type or what manufacturer comes out…
As for moonstone sinks, moxxi’s cocktails were cool on paper but were kinda meh, especially since save+quitting made them disappear anyway… But BL3 has the eridian fabricator right in the player’s inventory.
First off, it could have a tiny chance to create legendaries.
Second: what if it could be charged further, costing more eridium, still firing only 10 weapons, but of slightly better quality? (EDIT: also fixed, although the real grind is for anointments now, but I guess it’s something).
And third: what if it had an alt-fire that did something else? Maybe spewed moxxi’s cocktails or something, I don’t know.
I mean, Earl’s shop is already quite good, but still.