Quality of life Alani change

Hey all,

I have been playing Alani on and off since her release, and the single most frustrating thing is blowing my Osmosis stacks on a minion. Is it possible to remove this, or at the very least add a toggle of some kind in the options? Ideally, imo I would love to see her heal function similarly to Reyna’s Overshield where you can only use it on an allie and not on yourself. With an added HoT or % heal to yourself for sustain. I think this would really help focus her as a support.

Also, I play Alani as support minded as possibly, that being said I feel she is not functioning well enough as a support. I agree with the majority of her nerfs outside of the main attack range decrease in addition to her health decrease. I would like to see one of them reverted. Building Osmosis, particularly early game is frustrating.

Thanks for reading, lemme know what you think.

1 Like

I think you listed some good ideas. I think the issue is that she’s supposed to be a fighter/healer. When she was released, she was good at both of those things so everyone complained until she received several nerfs (lots of people are still complaining actually but…moving on) so now she’s not really good at either. At this point it would be best if they just focused on either the fighter part of her or the healer part of her. By reducing her damage output AND her health pool AND her torrent distance, they’ve reduced basically both of her roles and I actually doubt they’ll do anything to correct it unfortunately. I actually gave up on Alani and just went back to using Phoebe. I like playing supports but not when, in my opinion, they’re being hobbled with every other update. shrugs

Agreed. What a terrible feeling when you go to heal an ally in trouble with a maxed osmosis heal and a minion runs right in front of your reticle when you cast. I could see how healing the big bots it meltdown could be beneficial but otherwise it would be nice to only target other players.

Please not this though! :fearful: Being able to heal yourself is a life saver. Miko can self heal as well and considering how much support characters get focused I would hate to lose that ability.

Exactly my point. Now it seems like they want her to just be a CC/support, which i actually find a lot more fun. I really did think she needed a damage decrease, there are not enough true supports in the game outside of Miko. But again, i think they may have swung the nerf bat a little too hard on this.[quote=“SOLARN01SE, post:3, topic:1526626”]
Agreed. What a terrible feeling when you go to heal an ally in trouble with a maxed osmosis heal and a minion runs right in front of your reticle when you cast. I could see how healing the big bots it meltdown could be beneficial but otherwise it would be nice to only target other players.
[/quote]

That has been my experience as well, it is very frustrating especially early game when its most difficult to gain Osmosis. I have to check again later, but I could have sworn the other night that the larger minions like the Thralls werent even an option to heal, only the smaller ones. Honestly, i would just prefer to not have the option at all.

I think either i didnt explain it correctly, or you missread it:

I want her to have the sustain as well, especially with her lower health pool now; something like 50% of the heal over 5 secs perhaps. But i still think she needs to have a bit more synergy as an actual support if thats the intention for her role. Right now she has to choose to self heal or heal her allies, also causing her to just stand in lane all day and self heal, which i assume is the reason people still say shes OP.

I’m not trying to be that guy saying “git gud”, and sure the odd time you heal a minion its annoying, but it’s not that hard to avoid. Just work on being aware of when the minions are coming, jump when you’re healing someone (avoids the mini bots, not the sheps though, but they’re huge and obvious) or heal from the sides more. You’re bound to hit some minions when you’re trying to be middle of the lane and healing.

The one thing I do wish is that people playing WITH an Alani would realize how the heal works, and position themselves to be healed better. It can’t all be on you to save them if they’ve put themselves in a bad spot.