Question about Terry

I was watching a YouTube video by MOLMF and he says that when farming terramorphous he has a higher chance of dropping a leg if you leave to thousand cuts and go back as oppose to saving and quitting. He also mentioned that someone (I forget who) at gearbox confirmed this. Is this true? If so, can anyone tell me where I can find proof of this? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I wouldn’t necessarily believe anything that guy says.

6 Likes

I struggle to believe that. All save quitting does is bring you close to the eridium podium and clear out the useless drops, the actual drop rates shouldn’t be effected by anything short of RNG

4 Likes

I also believe this to be a spurious claim. I spent a couple days farming Terra using both methods and saw no pattern. Maybe it’s true but I’m not banking on it.

You can’t. And if you could, it’s probably not something we would talk about here.

As @Kuolemanlaakso said.

6 Likes

From one of the main people behind the UCP. AFAIK the creators dug through most of the files, so i’d tend to believe them

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. Now I know better.

P. S.: I’m new here. Just created this account so I can specifically ask this question. I figured this would be the perfect place to ask. Sorry if I brought up any topics that are a no-no.

5 Likes

Welcome! Ask all you like! The topic isn’t a no-no but if the answer contravenes forum rules we can’t pursue the matter. If this was something where I knew that the answer was available I’d probably direct you to Steam or Discord.

4 Likes

Your’re good. Best place on the net. 1st because of the community. 2nd we have the best moderators. Leash might be tight on specific subject but rules are clear.
Your question wasn’t even near a grey zone.

In general we’re firm believer in 100% pure RNG.
Of course there’s always exceptions…
But no. imo that “farm in same session” doesn’t hold any grounds.
With that said you can learn a lot from MoLMF. Just don’t listen to the chatter…

That part I highly doubt. If anything “official” was said it was the opposite.
The most related “statement” I can think of is this one.
http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/2013/09/inside-the-box-the-borderlands-2-loot-system/

5 Likes

I’ve seen the vid (I have no idea why) - he did indeed make that claim.

Learning from Luke is like learning music : at some point you have to UN-learn it.

3 Likes

Well… One thing I’ve learned is hitting crits on a fast and regular basis is good.
The other thing I’ve learned is … whinny brats are annoying.

-edit-
To be fair. He did the best “0 to 72” run on Youtube. No question about it.
He hated most of it. He complained… a lot.
But he provided the content… And that. I have to thank him for.

3 Likes

I have a hunch that this is actually a combination of two things: the fact (as set out in an Inside the Box article on the loot system) that the more players you have, the more rolls of the loot pool you get; and exploiting the old ‘four-player’ gate glitch (since patched iirc). You could go to Hyperius’ lair and trigger four-player difficulty, then hit Terry over and over and, as long was you didn’t actually quit, the game would still think you had four players. Pretty sure that no longer works on console, though.

6 Likes

Welcome to the family. You will definitely enjoy your stay here. :wink:

6 Likes