Question about the Pearl

Possible spoiler for some…
So, after getting the Pearl, is that exactly the same as getting weapons with the 1% boost on consecutive shoots? The pearl mentions a stack limit of 15, guns don’t mention a limit.

Is there a chance the pearl effect stacks with a particular gun having the same bonus? I can’t tell.

All opinions/thoughts welcomed!

From what I understand, not “exactly”, but arguably similar in some ways. There are some good explanations on YouTube. I’m not going to try to explain it here as I don’t understand it myself well enough. I’m not going to waste your time with a half-baked explanation that also may be inaccurate.

1 Like

lol…fair enough! Thanks.

1 Like

:slight_smile:
THE PEARL!!!

This is the one I watched.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’re at all familiar with the Bl3 damage formula’s. Basics are the Pearl has 2 components, the stacking mechanic is by itself in the formula and will always boost your damage by 16.09% at max stacks. The second component though is far more significant which is the bonus you get for having full stacks this bonus is 90% gun damage. This is in the same part of the formula as the consecutive hits anoint your’re thinking of and the bonuses would be added.

That however is bad practice and you’re going to be sacrificing damage if you do that. So pick either the consecutive hits anoint or the pearl and use something else in the other slot you’ll get better damage that way.

For a more technical breakdown of how it functions you can look here.

I honestly don’t recommend youtubing the math on any item. Search these forums first, There are people here with a better understanding than anyone on youtube.

8 Likes

Thanks very much. Good video.

1 Like

I am aware enough of my limitations to know there are times I’m not the guy to explain something. :slight_smile:

I hope the links and the information the other poster supplied are helpful. Of course keep in mind, how it works is subject to change. Nerfs are real.

1 Like