[QUESTION] How cusomizable are game modes & use-abilities?

Hello,

How customizable are game modes in HW:RM? Can you (relatively) easily create your own game modes?

I’ve got an idea for an “assault” game mode type, basically one team would have to defend certain key points/bases and the other team would have to capture/destroy said key points/bases. Once a set of points are captured/destroyed, the defenders are pushed back to their next line of defense, eventually ending up at their HQ. If the HQ is destroyed, the defenders lose. If the attackers are repelled enough, the defenders win.

Would a game mode like this be possible in HW:RM?

Also, how customizable are use-abilities? (Use-abilities such as, the missile destroyer’s swarm of missiles, or the scout’s EMP, etc.) In theory, would it be possible for almost every unit of a race to have a special ability? (or two? :wink: )

1 Like

Welcome! Good to have you here. Have a look at the following, which might help you:

If not, ask some specific questions here and you will get specific answers :)[quote=“domibass32, post:1, topic:1077063”]
Once a set of points are captured/destroyed, the defenders are pushed back to their next line of defense, eventually ending up at their HQ. If the HQ is destroyed, the defenders lose.
[/quote]

Sounds possible, I suggest you start learning lua! @EatThePath is doing something similar (ish) here:

1 Like

Thank you Dom! Is your name Dominic? Just guessing from your username (my name is Dominic haha)

Anyway, that’s a good point! What coding languages are mostly used in modding HW:RM?

LUA is the primary scripting language. Nearly every funky file extension you see is just a plaintext LUA file in disguise.

Lua4, to be exact. http://www.lua.org/manual/4.0/

2 Likes

Yes :wink: The more the merrier!

1 Like