Questions about Skill Trees

If I put points into all skill trees, do I get the benefits from all skill trees?

You get the benefits of whatever skills you put points into. The downside of going into 3 skill trees would likely be the inability to reach the capstone skill of any one skill tree. I guess it’s debatable if that is necessary or not but in general the capstone skills at the end should be a skill tree if not class defining ability.

That’s what I was hoping to hear, thx!

You can put points into all the trees for whatever you want. Km also pretty sure you can use any of the 3 main abilities regardless of whether you have points in the tree, though I haven’t tested it myself.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you unlock a skill by putting enough skill points into the tree, you don’t need to spend points in a particular skill for a class mod to affect it. The skill just needs to be unlocked.

1 Like

Pretty sure you don’t have to have any points in a skill tree to get the skill from a class mod.

1 Like

Hmm, I’ll have to check that. I thought it had to be at least available. If not then that’s even better. I know in previous games you even had to have spent at least one point in the skill.

I know that it shows the points from the mod in the skill. Maybe they aren’t actually active though? I haven’t tested to be 100% sure.

1 Like

I’m 100% sure : Class mod skill still work even without point in them

1 Like

They do work with out having a point in the skill, I had a mod for Fl4k that gave a point in the skill with the shark icon, I think it’s called ferocious and i didnt go down the blue tree at all and the ability still triggered for me

1 Like

100%, class mods give skills even if they are greyed out because of use or lack there of.

Well this is interesting news if true.

Holy Necro, Batman!

But yes, it is true - you don’t need a point in a skill to get the boost from a COM.

Also important to know that even if you don’t have points in a skill you can still gain access to a skill through class mods. This wasn’t the case in BL2.

1 Like