Questions from a newbie

Hi there new player here few questions if someone can help I’d be really grateful. So finished the campaign doing mayhem 1 to to then higher mayhem levels when I’m 50. Is there any benefit to tvhm? Vid by ‘dead zspikes’ on YouTube basically says there’s no benefit to it/ it’s pointless is this true?

Also anyone know how much longevity this game has post campaign? Other than loot grinding?

Any future plans to add more layers of end game content?

If someone can give me detailed answers to these questions I’ll be so so grateful, as like I said I’m new :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

Heya. =]
Personally, I’d suggest sticking to normal mode (not TVHM) for the time being. There’s some debate, but generally most people have found no difference between mayhem modes in normal mode and mayhem modes in TVHM mode. If you’re not in Mayhem mode, TVHM may have more badass enemies and better drops, but the moment you move up to Mayhem, there’s no noticeable difference.
The only benefits you get from TVHM is getting to play the story at a high level (like level 50), so that you can get story mission rewards (E.G. the cloud kill smg) at those levels. And, also, you can replay missions you liked from the first playthrough.
Hope that helps. =]

1 Like

Damn so tvhm is literally useless! I wish gearbox would do something with it! Know if any official gearbox ppl have addressed this? Seems mega sad there’s no use for it?

It’s there for folks who don’t want to do mayhem mode, or want a second chance at specific quest items once they’ve levelled up. It’s also fully resettable.

3 Likes

As far as I know, no announcements, but there’s a lot of people on here complaining about TVHM, and that it’s useless, in their opinion. Some have also come up with ideas to improve it. I’ve suggested that they should change it to let you pick any mission and replay that mission with whichever vault hunter you like, rather than having it just be the same game again.
If you have any ideas, share them, though. Hopefully gearbox is listening and might take them on board. =]

Is there an official thread for communicating it to the devs? Or is that just this entire forum? Lol

Pretty much the whole forum, but if you search for “TVHM” or “True Vault Hunter”, you should find a bunch of threads already discussing it, which you can add to.

1 Like

Cheers man

1 Like

i never understand why they made mayhem scale with ur lvl so tvhm became absolute pointless

1 Like

It would be nice if TVHM had a bit more incentive to play but I wouldn’t say it’s useless. You can play the first playthrough and skip side missions (save them for TVHM). The story without side missions will get you to about level 36. Then run some arenas to get you to 50. Then start over on TVHM with whatever mayhem modifier you want.

That will allow you to redo all the missions on hard difficulty and get all the mission rewards at level 50. It’s also a different way to play the “end game” if you don’t like mindlessly farming bosses. I can only farm bosses in very small doses because I find it mind numbing. IMO it’s more fun to just play through the game again on TVHM with M4 and sprinkle in a bit of boss farming here and there.

3 Likes