Quotes - Any And All

2 Likes

If I had panties, I wouldn’t, cause he would have talked me out of them. - Me, in regards to @Benedict_87

3 Likes

Glad you took my advice. A bathing suit is really the only way to go.

2 Likes

Walt Kelly - 1970

Parody of

During the War of 1812, the United States Navy defeated the British Navy in the Battle of Lake Erie. Master Commandant Oliver Perry wrote to Major General William Henry Harrison, “We have met the enemy and they are ours.”

6 Likes

–  Tycho

@Jefe: I’ve seen the cartoon version of that quote used many times in different works. It’s probably another in the long line of quotations where the original is significantly less well known than the misquote.

2 Likes

“Think before you speak. Read before you think. This will give you something to think about that you didn’t make up yourself – a wise move at any age, but most especially at seventeen, when you are in the greatest danger of coming to annoying conclusions.”

— Fran Lebowitz

5 Likes

“What do you call him, Spartan Locke?
117, the Master Chief. He is not your friend, is he your foe?”

-- Thel 'Vadam to Jameson Locke, "Halo"

5 Likes

“Every day’s a workout when you gotta carry around a 20 pound python in your jeans.” - Macgruber

2 Likes

@paulothead

3 Likes

Nice to not be quoting myself for a change. Thank you. :pray: :+1:

In this world, time is like a flow of water, occasionally displaced by a bit of debris, a passing breeze.

-Alan Lightman, Einstein’s Dreams

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

From @paulothead s article on the small town of Fugging in Learn Something New:

The village is especially popular with British tourists; as a local tour guide explained: “The Germans all want to see Mozart’s house in Salzburg; the Americans want to see where The Sound of Music was filmed; the Japanese want Hitler’s birthplace in Braunau; but for the British, it’s all about ■■■■■■■.”

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes