Random crash in misson 5

I was capturing assault frigates and was just starting to capture some ion cannon frigate and then the whole game crashed, I had also captured most of the ion array frigates from mission 4 and turanic raider corvettes from mission 2.

I have a feeling I may have captured a few too many things because in mission 3 I also captured all of the assault frigates, but I had none of them in my fleet.

had it to crash on me to

I’m having the same problem on Homeworld 1 Remastered, I’m probably at the exact same spot that you are in Nilok. Captured a few vessels (resource collectors) and then It crashes straight to desktop.

Is this the case with yourself? I also noticed that before the desktop that the game would hangs behind for a split second before it crashes to desktop.

Ill let you know my PC spec so that perhaps you can compare:

Running Windows 8.1 Pro
4770S i7 3.1GHz (3.9 TurboBoost)
8GB 1600Mhz RAM
Asus DirectCU II 2GB Nvidia 760GT
Windows on Toshiba SSD 256GB
Game Running on 1TB Hard Disk Blue Western Digital

I have restarted the campaign mission twice and still crashes around the same place… it seems as if its unstable with a medium sized battle. I hope they fix this, I really love HW1.

Just to note: i have restarted the mission and I have loaded from a Save game near the point of the crash. I am unable to pass through this mission… a shame as my favorite mission is yet to come…

I was able to get past the level by avoiding capturing the assault frigates (captured both resource collectors triggering the enemy collection glitch, the ion canons, destroyer, 1 assault frigate, and carrier)

Our hardware looks like very different.

Windows 7 Home Premium
Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz
8 GB DDR2 333.3MHz
EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Windows on Maxtor HDD 400 GB
Game Running on Western Digital Blue WDC5000AAKS 500GB