Random Game crashes

Here is the pertinent info people will want to see first:

CPU: Intel I7 3770 3.4ghz (3.9Ghz boost)
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB 1600mhz
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 WS MB
Graphics Card: 2 - EVGA GTX 980 FTW 4GB (SLI)
Power Suppoy: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM (1000W)
Hard Drives: 256GB SSD (OS - Windows 7 Ultimate), 1TB SSD (Programs), 2TB HDD (documents and stuff)

Now that that is out of the way, I originally played BL2 on a system that was a lot less than my current one. So, 8 GB ram, GTX760 GPU, 800W Power Supply, CPU is the exact same one actually, and just a single HDD (7200RPM). So, I built this monster machine and I can play pretty much any game you may think is difficult to run at the highest settings without any issue. Some I can think of off the top of my head: Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Fallout 4, and tons of others without any issue. I reinstalled BL2 on my current system to play some of the dlc I didn’t get around to the first time and all was good for awhile. Suddenly the game froze, my screen just went blank, and then my computer restarted. Anyone have any idea why BL2 would run great on a relatively low end system and then crash and be unplayable on a high end one? Graphics drivers are up to date, everything is patched. The only thing that changed was I installed BL2 to play from Steam.