Random information

(Carlton Slayer) #727

Never noticed this before but there are Vault symbols on all the blocks in this area… :smiley:

Not the most interesting piece of information but I found this curious and had never noticed it before. You can find this spot in Windbreak Camp where you pick up the powercore and possibly get some revenge for Reiss. You can shoot a regular gun through that just fine but for whatever reason you can’t fire a KerBlaster or throw a grenade through that “gate”

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #729

Weird.

After much ado, I found a way into Goose’s Roost by foot without grenades. Anyone else know this path?

(Carlton Slayer) #730

If specced into Cloud Kill Maya can cause corrosive DoT’s on enemies when she uses a vehicle’s gun (at least I’ve noticed this for the rocket sand skiff Dee Lightful has been driving)…

(Rumplebunny) #731

Do tell! :slight_smile: After reading your post last night, I spent some time skulking all around the base of Goose’s Roost to see if I could find a way but couldn’t.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #732

It’s easier to show in a video… I can record this evening (or maybe try Twitch again with some proper settings), but the start point is near the fast travel beneath the roost.

What is Goose’s Roost again? The area on top of Caustic caverns?

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #734

The place in the Dust where you have to jump your vehicle into it… buzzards spawn there.

(Rumplebunny) #735

I started there (I assume you meant the Catch-a-Ride) and found a little nook you can jump into, under the big fan. I saw it last night but giving it a second look I was able to get up there and then kinda jump across to another outcropping right beneath the building. You can almost jump up into the building from there, but not quite, and I tried duck-crawling around and stuff but couldn’t get any higher. Is this on the right track? :smiley:

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #736

I did, whoops!

Yes

It’s midday (12.00) whenever you load into the game.

(Carlton Slayer) #738

Despite finding the wreckage of them nearly everywhere the Dust is the only place in the main game where enemies operate road vehicles (as opposed to buzzards, sand boats or motorcycles).

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #739

Tector starts talking like a Goliath when you shoot Jimbo off his shoulders! :smiley:

(Rumplebunny) #740

Drifters have… weird crit spots.

This is Axton’s turret hitting a crit spot for 134 million non-elemental damage even though it’s firing slag rounds.

Edit: there’s probably some unique mechanic at work here: when you hit a Drifter’s crit spot the game just piles on a ton of added-on NE damage.

(Carlton Slayer) #741

In WEP only rabid stalkers will enter the stream that flows thru the first part of it. Use it to avoid them if desired…

(Is this thing on?) #742

After completing the main story and while farming: When the Warrior emerges from the lava for his final scene at zero health, the blast he releases shatters the legs of any crystalisk that spawned in the meantime and takes them out instantly.

(Rumplebunny) #743

Haha, I had never noticed this before: when Sal’s Money Shot hits (enemy or wall or otherwise), there’s a little coin-splosion.

(Carlton Slayer) #744

Wait- you’ve never noticed that until now? :smiley: Also, in the treasure chamber of the Leviathan there are Vault symbols on the tile blocks similar to what appear right at the end of Hero’s Pass near the chest- wonder if that’s how folks on Pandora know a Vault is located nearby? Too bad Torgue probably used any such blocks as construction material when he built his Arena…

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #745

weird. did the hunting the firehawk mission and I am using a shotgun with a V-shaped stock (Hyperion stock i think). However when Lilith teleported me the hand visuals in the screen is holding a shotgun with a jakobs stock.

Too bad I did not captured the clip, will try again to get some footage of it.

(Is this thing on?) #746

I also did that yesterday, and tried to see if you could get far enough away that Lilith couldn’t teleport you. I didn’t manage that, but the end result was she certainly teleported my more than 10 feet!