Random information

(Rumplebunny) #747

Haha nope, well I’d noticed the little explosion on money shots, thinking they were just extra bits of rock/flesh/etc., but I never really looked at them closely until I started doing Deputy Sal instead of the visual-pollutiony spammy DPUH style I was always doing before, hehe.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #748

Hmmm this sounds like a challenge! :smiley:

(Is this thing on?) #749

I suspect it’s scripted enough that you can go quite a way. I went back to the bottom of the stairs the other side of the bridge from the lair, so not quite at the entrance to the area with the vending machines and close enough to the stairs that I could see the purple glow for Lilith’s phase-transport attempt.

Interesting related fact: I’d cheesed the final two Badass Psychoes all the way back to the vending machine room and killed them there. When I got back to Lilith she was stuck in one of the spots she phasewalks to/from during the fight. I thought she was glitched out, but after going to one of the upper platforms I got her to rapidly complete her sequence of moves, and then it was time for a pick-me-up.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #750

Time for some testing with Fleet I think. And in co-op too! Can you stand at the Fast Travel and still get teleported? :smiley:

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #751

You can fight Bloodwing entirely with Phaselock (and win!) :smiley:

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #752

Speed running the story with my Maya previously and I grenade jump to the gap as soon as i turn in the mission. With RR and Banshee com, I just checked the chest and jump the cliff going to the fast travel when Lillith teleported me back in the Firehawk Lair. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #753

I’ve been in a dialog at the vending machines when she teleports… I don’t recall exactly what happened, but it was weird.

(Rumplebunny) #754

I had originally thought tubby varkids could pop out of a Badass Pod instead of an actual Badass Varkid, and that was it, but yesterday I saw a Super Badass Pod spit out a tubby right before my very eyes.

Wouldn’t that be a kick in the junk if a Supreme Badass Pod hatched a tubby instead of Vermi? :smiley:

(Carlton Slayer) #755

Tubby Vermi? :rofl:

(Rumplebunny) #756

Strange things happen around the Dust train station to Lynchwood. Here’s Mick’s body which is obviously John Carpenter’s The Thing:

(Colder) #757

Just noticed that “the Key is here”. Like, right there on the floor :astonished:

(Carlton Slayer) #758

Just noticed that if you knock the superduper midget (who I assume is Midge) off the bullymong (who I also assume is Mong), that he won’t take slag. Hit him with both a slag Rubi and Slagga (this is at OP8) and neither seemed to work…

(Today, everything was fine in Opportunity and nothing bad happened.) #759

Probably for similar reasons as Loot Midgets, the Dragons, and other such enemies becoming immune to DoT/slag if they’re hit with it before they land. I would imagine that if you killed Mong with just NE/explosive damage, you would be able to slag and DoT Midge.

Something similar happened to me a year or two ago. This… thing is a which doctor BTW.

(Today, everything was fine in Opportunity and nothing bad happened.) #761

I found out last week that killing off Big Bertha doesn’t actually get you out of FFYL. Any ideas why that might be?

I think it’s the same as other usable turrets - like the one in the third room of Bloodshot ; or the one at the bottom of the elevator in Magnys Lighthouse. Because you are able to use it, it can’t be classified as an enemy.

(Trahurn) #763

You can walk through, but cannot shoot through, the hole in the back wall of Roland’s cell in Bloodshot Stronghold.

("The first rule of Fight Club...") #764

Have you ever noticed the reflection in the puddles of water on the Peak?

They do not have the correct reflection and every puddle has the same reflection.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #765

I think it works like the “reflections” in the windows around Opportunity (and the Friendship Gulag, I think)… computationally way easier to encode some generic reflection than to try to derive it in real time based on the local map structure and character position.

(Is this thing on?) #766

That’s one of the things I’m looking forward to seeing in BL3. Based on the UE4 tech demo Randy showcased at the GDC the other year, there are lots of things that will be done dynamically in real time.