Random information

(1sirus2) #847

He respawns, as do the bandits in his cave.
Or you could get him at the peak, but there might be less/no bandits for the objective

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #848

Hey, have you guys ever seen a Gunerang home in on a skag pile? I’m farming Boll and Lee to update some stuff before Opportunity, toss a Gunerang just as Boll dies, and it aims for a skag pile. I saw it twice after that with Bullymong piles in the Marrowfield. Back at Boll’s campsite saw it aim for stinging cacti and a skag pile. Is it just randomly targeting something that can take damage? Also, it’s not the most accurate. 2 out of 5 times it has aimed for something and landed to the side of it. Maybe I am just seeing things.

Side note: I feel like this thread is sort of a “Hey, have you guys ever seen…” support group. Like, tell me I wasn’t just seeing things, it really happened. I love it.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #849

I have not… should be an easy test to check. This would drastically alter the way I handle it.

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #850

I ran it on my Fastball farm for a few rounds, and saw it lock onto lots of stuff, and me only once. Afterward, for gits and shiggles, I tried it on Tinder Snowflake. I rang the bells and then started spamming Gunerang reloads in his general direction with absolutely no caution (contrary to how I’ve used it in the past). This method got him down to around 10% of his health, and the reloads picked me up several times by auto ganking adds. I suspect that if I had an explosive relic, or more pistol ammo, that I would’ve been successful, because I only respawned when I stopped being able to reload. But I’m curious to hear what happens for you because I think your tests will probably be more thorough than mine were.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #851

Hmmm explosive relic + Krieg + crunch COM = ???

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #852

I do believe that is the equation for spontaneous combustion of multiple mob types (although I think there is an exponent value for Bloodsplosion you may have left out :wink:). It’s also how I dress for victory parades of the ticker tape variety. :grin:

(Jerk of all toons, master of none.) #853

Did you know that you can meet CL4P-TP at the death wall back in Sanctuary? I did the ceremonial “look for LLMS” before storming BNK3R hill, realized I had meant to pick up Poetic License, and headed back home to do so. When I got there I noticed Clappy was highlighted on the map, so I tried to chat him up. Next thing I know he’s telling me about how he’s going to tag up the mountain. I genuinely did not see that one coming.

(Meat Bicycle World Champion!) #854

My mistake! In my sleep deprived state I forgot about the Bloodsplosion variable! :smiley:

I’l get it tested soon!

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #855

Weird - totally a thing! (did it behind Claptrap’s Place with that Bullymong pile on the hill… can see it in the shot below aiming for it). Will need to check its behavior during combat to make sure it’s not choosing that sort of thing instead of actual enemies.

(Lord of Meat, Lover of Explosions) #856

Does a thrown axe get passive pistol crit bonus on the held gun before BXR? And does type b from the grog apply if so? Just curious. Oh, and do other gun effects apply or is it just passive crit?

(Temp Night) #857

Not sure if this is already posted but…Deathtrap can help you with the ‘Not Full of Monkeys’ challenge (barrel kills). Head to The Warrior and let Deathtrap kill the rakks. I completed this challenge twice using this method but it’ll be nice if somebody can confirm this.:wink:

Random Talk Thread, Mk. III
(Carlton Slayer) #858

Getting into a vehicle while your AS is active or if a shield such as the FotF is firing novas will reset your AS and shield if you drive a short distance (this at least works for Krieg as I’m currently farming Fastballs while starting at the entrance to Frostburn Canyon- the bandits make his FotF nova and/or I hit RtB, use the Catch-a-Ride to drive to Boll’s camp and when he gets out, both are reset)…

(1sirus2) #859

Fairly certain it resets the moment you get in the vehicle, considering how many times I’ve watched deathtrap dematerialize moments after calling him out when I go to drive.
As for krieg, wasn’t this how the invincible glitch is done? Hitting RtB and then jumping in a car while he’s momentarily immune to damage.

(Carlton Slayer) #860

Can’t say I’ve ever heard that one before- has it been patched?

(1sirus2) #861

Not that I know of, but I haven’t seen anyone do it in a long time.
It wasn’t really too useful anyway because it only worked on a few maps, but it sure made killing deci that much simpler
Edit: No mention of any patch for this glitch, I’ll see if I can’t get it to work now
Edit 2: still works completely fine on handsome collection, I’m watching a badass bullymong beat krieg to no avail at this very moment. I was a bit wrong, you need to teleport to the vehicle to accomplish this

(Best in Funk's collection) #862

May belong in the ‘found out ridiculously late’ thread, but you can shoot the flamethrower backpack on nomad arsonist’s and they explode with it!

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #863

Learned that the hard way with Krieg after numerous FFYL.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #864

Ridiculous is an apt description. :laughing:

They appear to be soft to explosive damage, but my favorite is Executing into their packs so the explosion knocks me back… strangely satisfying for being supremely counterproductive.

…could it bounce me skyward if I was overhead and Executed downward? :thinking:

Yeah, it’s basically a “Did you know…” thread

(Is this thing on?) #866

There’s certainly enough weirdness in the game to go around!