Random information

(Carlton Slayer) #907

Longbow grenades can take out the 2 shielded turrets in Hero’s Pass while Brick and Mordecai putz around…

(Is this thing on?) #908

Picking up grenade mods can restock your grenade ammo, just like picking up weapons. You get +1 grenade per grenade mod but, if you drop them, they drop empty (so you can’t get infinite grenades from dropping and picking up the same mod.)

Things You Found Out Ridiculously Late
(Guajiro Pandoreño) #909

Yeah, this accounts for half of my rocket launcher ammo.

(Is this thing on?) #910

I knew about the guns and launchers, but it had never occurred to me that the grenade mods did the same thing. Too bad picking up a random shield isn’t the same as picking up a booster!

To tag along with VH’s revelation, if you’re holding a mission weapon (i.e. Grog) and your inventory is full you can’t hold down the interact button (E for PC) to swap it.

(replying late due to a busy weekend)

I don’t think it’s going to be that useful for my research. I’m checking enemy shield types by observing the effects, which requires damaging the enemy without killing them, so I need a low-level Avenger to damage them, and a high-level Avenger or a Bee (because the Avenger’s reload effect gets boosted by it) to kill them when they don’t have the booster shield I want to see. I don’t have any Avengers at the moment, and the micromanagement needed for checking the shield type via Avenger-reload damage likely outweighs the benefits of not having aggro anyway.
Thanks for thinking of this though.
By the way, the badass bandits at the mine haven’t been particularly helpful yet. I’ve done quite a few runs, but all they came at me with were lots of amp and nova shields, nothing else. I’m not sure if that’s all they can have, but their heavy preference for these shield types is at least worth noting here, since it makes badass bandits quite dangerous. Especially with that Bee-like behavior of the amp shields - but melee classes won’t be happy with novas either.

I was surprised I couldn’t find the answer on the forum to a fairly obvious Gaige question : does Close Enough’s 50% damage penalty affect the Bee’s damage?

So I tested it with a NVHM pistol and an OP8 Bee : yes it does. A direct hit did exactly the damage that was listed on the card ; a ricocheted hit did 50% of that.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #914

I could have sworn this was posted somewhere already. I think the text reads:
water plants daily in high heat
prune all suckers to prevent leeching (horticultural joke)
tie the plants onto a stake for support
liquid fertilizer once weekly at 12-4-10
full sun for best results

(Carlton Slayer) #915

Thanks- I always wondered what those signs read…

(The doc is in.) #916

Not all structures can accommodate Axton turret.

I’ve never noticed this and I’ve never seen this mentioned : it costs 20 eridium to enter Winged Storm. If you save/quit/reload (because, say, for example you failed again…or something) it costs 2 eridium. If you die and respawn it costs nothing (but hard earned cash).

(Carlton Slayer) #918

If you are fighting the Ancient Dragons in UVHM and don’t want to deal with the crusher trap when you leave the Winged Storm simply save and quit when you exit the Winged Storm and load up another character. Go back to the character that exited the Winged Storm and start them back up but in normal. If you’re like me it should have you at the Unassuming Docks of Relatively Little Importance (since I never play this dlc in normal).

(The doc is in.) #919

Or backtrack to the entrance.
There’s a lever next to the door you came in from to open it. Caution with the shock trap though!
It’s on your left when you exit the Winged Storm.
Also. If you didn’t played it on the different level. (Or didn’t made it to the LoIA. You shouldn’t have to load a different character in between.

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #920

Oh dear - don’t tell me you were running through the rest of that map to get out of there after a dragon fight. :flushed:

(Carlton Slayer) #921

OK, I won’t tell you that- but I may use charades…

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #922

Different ladder manufacturers: same structure, different skin. I have not come across a fourth (was sure I’d find at least a Torgue one in that DLC). Seen any others?

(Is this thing on?) #923

Interesrting. Dahl and Hyperion make a lot of sense, since they both had/have physical presence (and buildings) on Pandora. I’d have thought Torgue would have been a more logical than Tediore, though? (Unless there turn out to be other manufacturer’s ladders, of course.)

(A Crystal Ocelot Ate My Logic) #924

I really hope there’s a Jakobs Ladder. Heh.

Do you think that it’s possible to climb in one go using Jacobs ladder?

…I’ve been doing exactly that and to make it even worse I’ve been rolling my eyes while doing it because I thought it’s so silly to have to do that. It’s 2019 and I find out now that there’s a lever to open the damn door back.