Random information

(Isthiswill) #927

Torgue making things that don’t explode doesn’t make sense. Tediore making inexpensive ladders does. :wink:

The level of detail in the game continues to impress. Atlas, Dahl, and Hyperion would be my main three I’d expect to see based on their roles in each game. Of the remaining manufacturers by BL2, when they specialize more, Tediore makes more sense than Maliwan, Jakobs, Torgue, or Bandit given how niche the first three are, and the latter isn’t really a manufacturer formally.

This made me think of other structures, like boats, and something random hit me. How long were humans on Pandora before mining started? They say Pandora was in winter and most of the creatures were hibernating before BL1. But there are boats and tankers that are derelict spread around. If Sal’s abuela was born there, that’s at least three generations. But in Hammerlock’s Hunt you have the Savages, which are made out to be native inhabitants (no women among them). They’ve been around long enough to have enough familiarity with the Wildlife to be worshipping Voracitous, and yeah, will we get a lore explanation for the Witchdoctors and Triple O???

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #928

It’s the beard. :wink:
No? Doesn’t work?

(Dandroid16) #929

Just noticed this:

The lock on Claptrap’s stash is a mini Claptrap. Now I want one.

(Is this thing on?) #930

Paging @Noelle_GBX - product idea for you!

(Guajiro Pandoreño) #931

I’ve always been surprised that this hasn’t been a product since game release… lockers are still a thing in schools, no? Where entire classes of kids are asked to get some sort of combination lock for their stuff (I picture this with number dials on the back or something)? Peak demand for this likely already sailed with game sales (though I imagine it’d sell more than the Yahtzee set), but some basic product placement somewhere in BL3 would put it back on the radar if advertised in the store properly.

(Is this thing on?) #932

Or make the wheel a set of three dials…

That would actually be pretty awesome - Claptrap is such a well-known part of the BL franchise that releasing any Claptrap merch would be a signal.

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #933

I know i’d buy some stuff if it wasn’t extortionate.

One thing I just noticed is you can’t use Scorn if stood in Zed’s old place in Fyrestone, enemies spawned as I was opening the chest and she does the hand animation, but nothing happens.

(Dandroid16) #934

Same. I’d buy the hell out of some Claptrap merch. In a few ways, he is the BL franchise.

And I’ll be darned if his story line through Claptastic Voyage doesn’t hit right in the feels. That ending cutscene… I want to give the little guy a hug, not just a high-five.

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #935

The poor guy doesn’t have it easy. At the end of TTAoDK when he say “I love you guys” and everyone complains. Marcus saying “CL4PTP ruined it again.” That bullying! :open_mouth:

Gifted my wife the Yhatzee game a couple years go. Shaking the dices in that big plastic CL4PTP is just as annoying as he can be! :joy:

(Noelle) #936

A Claptrap lock would be pretty rad. I’ll pass it along as a suggestion!

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #937

If anyone deserves it though, it’s Claptrap… Need I remind you?

twitches

(Dandroid16) #938

Yeah that’s no way to handle depression. -.-

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #939

Never said otherwise… Just shut the… UP!

Topic? Oh yeah, wright…
-Scrambling thru notes-

Did you knew the 2nd Constructor on the climb to the BNKR could de-spawn? Probably better not to move to far back.

(chris) #940

That is really cool. I know I would’ve never picked up on that one.

(Is this thing on?) #941

Back on topic here, and I can confirm that this happens on XB1/HC - you get the animation and trigger the cooldown timer, but no scorn. I tried a few other locations (the front of Marcus’, TK Baha’s shack and basement) but scorn worked just fine there.

Another in the long line of Borderlands oddities I guess?

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #942

Yes indeed! Now I want to try out different places to see :slight_smile:

(spectacularly mediocre) #943

At least all the schools I’ve worked at across different districts (as well as the ones I’ve visited) now have lockers with built-in locks, so none of the kids need their own locks.

I did have to bring my own when I was a kid, but that was back when dinosaurs were roaming around.

(6EQUJ5 Do you copy?) #944

Hey! I resent that! :wink:

(Avaricious Old Skeleton) #945

Kids these days probably have an app for it :joy:

(spectacularly mediocre) #946

I felt really old when I realized some of my students’ parents are younger than me now.

Smartphones have become ubiquitous in schools among students.