Random Talk Thread, Mk. III

(That Girl with the Pixel) #2017

I just took this picture in my backyard!

6 Likes
(Onward, Relentless.) #2018

It’s been under freezing here in Dallas all week but no snow yet. :frowning:

1 Like
(Blu9ty) #2019

It’s been around 16 to 30 F since new year’s

1 Like
(The Frisky Finisci.) #2020

I haven’t had an above 10 day in almost two weeks now, with the majority being around negative 3-5 (7-10 with wind chill).

I love winter! :slight_smile: (Not sarcasm)

3 Likes
(Promised a bandit in a rose garden) #2021

Not my area of expertise, but this intel security flaw looks like a major screw up.

1 Like
(Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon, that is a glorious wingspan!) #2022

@Tokesy97

@TheOneTrueToby is correct.
Riddle of the Black Pumpkin and Toby in Hell are no longer active and can be closed.

If it helps, here’s a list of topics that I’ve opened since 2016 that are no longer active and can be closed…

RIDICULOUS CHARACTER SUGGESTIONS - Inactive for over a year. Just a fun thread. Close it.

SUGGESTIONS FOR MATCHMAKING BASED ON COMMAND RANK - Dead discussion and similar to several other matchmaking discussions in BB. Can be merged with another similar topic and closed.

SUGGESTIONS FOR BALANCING PVP AFTER DISCONNECT - Dead discussion. Similar to other topics in BB section. Can be merged and closed.

MIKO APPRECIATION FESTIVAL - One off joke thread. Can be closed.

[Battle School] PVE for Beginners - PC/Steam - Date and Time TBD - EST - Old and absolutely no interest. This can just be deleted or merged with the Battle School thread.

THE FRENCH AND SURRENDERING - One off joke thread. Can be closed.

CELEBRATING KLEESE’S BIRTHDAY, WITH ISIC - One off story. This can be flat out deleted. I already copied the whole thing into my Battleborn Tales thread.

A CONVERSATION WITH KELVIN - One off joke thread. Can be closed.

SOLO HARDCORE ADVANCED STORIES - Neeeeccccrrroooooo… so necro. Can be merged with the Battleborn “What did you do today” thread or just closed and locked.

FOXY FOXTROT SKIN - One off story. This can be flat out deleted. I already copied the whole thing into my Battleborn Tales thread.

OSCAR MIKE TRIES TO HIRE PENDLES - One off story. This can be flat out deleted. I already copied the whole thing into my Battleborn Tales thread.

SHOULD LEGENDARY GEAR SING WHEN ACTIVATED - I think it’s pretty obvious this is another stupid joke thread. Close it.

AMBRA VS. ERNEST - I don’t think the info in this thread is still valid after the updates. Also… necroooo…

WHAT IS THE HOTTEST VARELSI IN BATTLEBORN - This can be closed. Inactive necro fun thread.

BENEDICT’S SNACK THREAD - Yeah. Just close this.

TIPS FOR BUILDING A GEAR LOADOUT WITH BENEDICT - One of my few ill advised attempts to give people tips on playing the game. You can delete this entirely. I’m embarrassed by it.

MULTI-FANDOM BATTLEBORN FIGHTS - Fun thread… but super necro. Can be closed.

SEND YOUR RIDICULOUS PRAYERS TO THE OFF TOPIC SECTION OF THE GEARBOX FORUMS - Close it.

SCENES FROM A HAT - Fun idea that never took off. Close it.

MAKE YOUR OWN POKEMON - Fun thread. Took off for a few days. Close it.

WHICH UPR BATTLEBORN DESERVES A PROMOTION AND WHY? - Close it.

THE SOBRIETY AND ABSTINENCE THREAD - I think it’s necro. Close it.

The Google Maps Mrs. Pac-Man Gearbox Software Challenge Thread - Google Maps Pac-Man is done with. Close it.

BATTLEPLAN LORE ARCHIVE - This is a literary resource, and there will be no further contributions to it. This can be closed, but I’d still like to use it as a resource. I’d prefer if it wasn’t deleted.

WINDOWS SECURITY UPDATES -WANNACRYPT VIRUS - Old news. Close it.

WHAT’S YOUR REACTION TO BENEDICT’S NEW SKIN (THUNDERBIRD) - Fun thread. It can be closed.

TOBY IN HELL: THE GEARBOX MULTIVERSE ROLE PLAY AFTERLIFE - It can be closed, but I’d prefer it not be deleted. I’m referring to it for story bits in the other Role Play thread.

THE RIDDLE OF THE BLACK PUMPKIN - It’s done. Close it.

THE CLASSICAL THREAD - This can be closed or combined with one of the other music threads.

THE PLOT TWIST THREAD - This can be closed.

Let me know if you have questions about any of these.

3 Likes
(Blu9ty) #2023

■■■■ me that beats @Raven_Ghosthawk posts

1 Like
(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #2024

Quite often, when threads disappear after being closed they’re just unlisted - direct links can usually still take you there (unless a role is lacking access to where it is - in the event it’s been closed, unlisted and moved to a restricted area.)

3 Likes
(Smokin' Jesus titty cinnamon, that is a glorious wingspan!) #2025

Ah. Gotcha. If at all possible, I would like to keep the Toby in Hell Thread listed because that is a spin-off of a continuing story in the other RP thread. If it must go unlisted, it can, but there are events in there that are directly referenced in the other RP thread. There just aren’t going to be any further contributions to it.

3 Likes
(How much time do we have?) #2026

So does closing a thread automatically de-list it as well, or can those be separate things?

(Pitter Patter Les' Get At 'Er) #2027

Ok, book thread thoughts, since it seems to be the closer of the two races-

The crux seems to be that what are you reading has been around a lot longer than book discussion and has more posts. Really both fulfill the same goal, but are listed in different ways. I don’t see why what are you reading today couldn’t deal with bigger discussions, or why book discussion wouldn’t include notes on recent reads. My original gut instinct was to go with the what are you reading thread, based pretty solely on seniority. That being said, book discussion seems more general. My only reservation there is that by nature, it seems like it would exclude other readables (comic books in particular, since we do a lot of discussion on that).

I’m probably overthinking this though.

I’m switching my vote on that one to the Book Discussion thread because it feels… broader by nature.

Anyone have any opinion on the funny threads? I voted for the what made you laugh today thread, again based pretty much completely on seniority.

(The 90 minute m e m e) #2028

So, can we even shitpost anymore, or is everything b a n n e d?

1 Like
(Pitter Patter Les' Get At 'Er) #2029

Right now I’m taking the fact that the likes thread is still open as a good sign that we are not going the way of the No Fun League.

3 Likes
(The 90 minute m e m e) #2030

bless it
While we’re changing stuff, maybe someone can change that dumbass “gearbox news” icon on the homepage, when most posts aren’t even in the news category.

1 Like
(Pitter Patter Les' Get At 'Er) #2031

My thought was that it might be time to re-merge the music threads into general discussion. That sub-board has been up for a year or two now and they haven’t even reached the bottom of a first page of threads.

I like yours too though.

(The 90 minute m e m e) #2032

At least the music board is more active than “We Happy Few.” I don’t think I even noticed Music stuff had its own safe space.
May as well merge the Battleborn beta crap into the main Battleborn board as well. Wasted space on the front page.

There’s currently a lil cheeky convo going on about gib in the “gearbox news” section. That’s pretty funny.

1 Like
(Pitter Patter Les' Get At 'Er) #2033

Yeah, I know nothing about “we happy few” except that whoever came up with that name/style for the logo is boss

How cheeky is cheeky?

(The 90 minute m e m e) #2034

I think it used to be an early access game? idk.

If it was me talking bout gib I’d be banned for a week for a good ol’ meme, that cheeky B)

2 Likes
(Pitter Patter Les' Get At 'Er) #2035

Really, going through this it seems like there are a lot of subs that could go.

• Battleborn Open Beta seems like the obvious run, utterly no need for it now.
  • From what I understand GBX is just publishing we happy few and not developing it? As you stated, I don’t see a reason to keep those around.
  • The duke nukem thread has one thread that’s 18 days old, everything else is from november or earlier. I know that’s probably not a great indicator that it could be taken down, but I wouldn’t take it off the table. The homeworld prequel thread is about in the same way.
  • You could make the argumen that the tales from the borderlands page could just point to telltale’s site rather than us having boards for it - they’re mostly dead, but do have a few almost kind of recent posts.
  • This is the last post in the bulletstorm page from november, which is… pretty funny. Everything else is september or before.
(running is punk... on a personal level) #2036

oh ma gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad there’s a Slender man movie coming out

I can’t wait
1 Like