Random Talk Thread, Mk. III

Never heard of Raisin’ Canes either!

Damn you Americananians!

:sob:

IMG_1396

1 Like

No, I think that goes to Baked! of Bloomington, Indiana.

College town. Cookies.

Crunk.
oh, oh no. i… i used crunk

2 Likes

I have tried Raisin’ Canes before and I never cared for it.

1 Like

cane’s is much more regional, being from right here in louisiana. but cane’s, zaxby’s, and a place called guthries, are all quite similar with their regular sauce, and canes only has the one, and it’s the real flavor of the meal.

1 Like

Oh. So, this doesn’t have anything to do with anything, but I just watched that Minions movie.

It was kinda really poo.
Anytime there was music playing in the background I was having a good time, but, just, nothing happened. I mean, sure, things happened, but just like that. They’d happen, and then the next scene would play.
I really wish the main evil lady had more going on.
Minions are silly. I don’t think they’re so cringey, but I do not get the appeal.
The one moment where I laughed out loud was when some cops pulled out a teapot while speeding down the lane, so stupid I couldn’t help myself.
Hmmmmmmm, 3-4/10.

Review by billthebetta, OC, pls no steal.

SO WHAT’S WITH THE EXPLOSION AT THE END, HUH? KEVIN GETS GODZILLA’D TO ENORMOUS PROPORTIONS, SWALLOWS AN EXPLOSIVE, AND GRABS THE BAD LADY WHILE SHE FLIES OFF.
SHE’S ALL “OH ■■■■ LET OFF OF ME YOU…uh, you minion!” AND THEN THE MISSILE EXPLODES AND
UH
WELL I DUNNO
SHE’S GONE, JUST, GONE, I DUNNO, SHE FLEW OFF LIKE TEAM ROCKET I GUESS. AND NOW BIG BOI KEVIN IS NORMAL SIZED EXCEPT FOR ONE PIECE OF HIS CLOTHINGwhy is his underwear normal sized, and his goggles are normal, but not the overalls? JUST WHY.

WUT
WHY
YES, CLAP, CLAP CHILDREN, THE YELLOW BUTT-PLUG IS ALIVE, CLAP FOR YOUR SAVIOR
why isn’t he dead
why isn’t there yellow bits and pieces of minion over the south-side of London
why
just
why
and what the hell was the lady so worried about getting away from the bomb if she’s just a bit messed up at the end, oh dear. dearie, your dress seems to have torn

Damnit, it would’ve been cool if Elizabeth II had a comeback of any proportion. Sure, she’s the queen at the end, great.
Let’s just ignore the scene where she’s in the bar, easily arm wrestling some big dumb lug, quaffing beer like she’s Ravenwood, no, Belloq, and in general acting like a BAMF.
WHY SET THIS UP AT ALL IF YOU’RE JUST GOING TO LEAVE IT THERE.
Get this, mmk?also, bummed new thread isn’t Mmk. III, stupid joke, sure, but it would’ve been fun to rub it into @Stouty22 all the time for no reason
Minions are on the run from Seething Scarlet, Kev bumps into Liz at the pub.
Elizabeth II: “Oh. It’s you. How goes things, you little usurper? Oh, you don’t need to tell me, I saw it on the telly. Awful business, that, shame your friends got captured by that sly foxINB4 literal stereotypical foxhunt. How about I cut you a deal, now listen, if you will. You help me get my crown back, and I’ll help you with your little Scarlet problem, and get your friends back!”

At which point, Kevin Splinter Cells his way to stealing the crown again, another bombastic chase sequence, and the return of the English Crown back to its rightful owner.
At which point Queen Elizabeth pulls out some Imperialism on Scarlet and Co., and takes back the day. You get to see the Queen kick ass, etc.

I dunno, the other minions show up later and yell “Banana!”

5 Likes

I saw Minions when it came out in theaters and it was okay.

2 Likes

I’ve had it on my Netflix list for a while.

Have yet to watch, but assumed it must be at least decent considering how crazy popular Minions became!

I mean, it was ooook.
Just not for a cynical 22 year old.
I’m sure most kids liked it and think the yellow blobs are entertaining, but damn does this movie miss the mark as a story. They set up the mininum they need to give the characters their motivations, and then it’s back to Minion-brand humor. I can think of 3 gags that made me smile, the rest were just really uninspired.

Anyway, I edited my previous post with an alternate ending, have fun with that.

2 Likes

I don’t care for them either, My mom does and her favorite is Kevin.

I like the original Despicable Me better.

Because it was more focused on Gru and the girls rather than the minions.

3 Likes

Oh I’ve never seen Despicable Me, either, had no idea Minions was an offshoot of it.

Yeah, Despicable held and still does hold value for me cause of the family themes.
Sure, you can be a terrible person, but the power of cute girls can save you from yourself.
Hmmm, maybe that “anime” stuff is onto something…

Also, obligatory.

7 Likes

Am I crazy or was it 20k last time that killed the old thread?

5 Likes

I think when the original died was when the thread limit was imposed.
Discord got tired of our ■■■■ and decided it was time to end, so the original RTT got closed instantly since we had already passed the new limit.

4 Likes

Fun fact: I was into the minions before they became mainstream.

Here is a picture of a LEGO minion that I made back in early 2011. (Four years before “Minions” and two years before DM2.)

3 Likes

Nah, it’s always been 10k. 500 for pms… :sweat:

3 Likes

I was in an ongoing private chat thread with about 10 other people that had gotten up to number 41 before it died out.

That’s, what, 20 thousand 500?

So about 2 of these.

But that was in less than a year.

We plowed through them fast.

3 Likes

Well, regardless, GARTZ ON MK III.

4 Likes

I wonder if I’ll finish my thesis before it’s done…

5 Likes

At this point I kind of assume your thesis is a lot like most apocalypse myths. Overall a good idea, and possible, but not he most likely thing to go to completion.

3 Likes

It’s like Trump talking about the wall.

Just replace ‘wall’ with ‘thesis’ and ‘Mexico will pay’ with ‘the University will fund’.

6 Likes