Random Talk Thread, Mk. III

34 new posts in one night of rtt! Unheard of in years!

Many blessings upon most of you! Farewell and be grrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…

6 Likes

At least, you didn’t have a surgeon wanting to see your guts…twice.

Christ ive only bern asleep for two hours and it feels like my spine was resting on other, crappier spines.

6 Likes

I’ve only had six hours of sleep.

I’m trying so hard to break out of my insomnia.

1 Like

6 hours isn’t bad at all, especially if you’re working against insomnia

I feel like that’s a reference to something but my brain is sludge

4 Likes

This is what Alexa said to me this morning:

I have plenty of tea, But I don’t have any cupcakes.

3 Likes

Easily fixed with a box of Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix and a muffin tin. Enjoy tea! (And I’d use the tea emoji except it’s become that horrible green stuff :face_vomiting:)

3 Likes

I remember the days of 100+ posts in a matter of a few hours. Good times.

5 Likes

We did find an awful lot of nothing to talk about!

Like ughhhh… stuff? Guys?

Sorry, I’m hungover. Brain no thinky good.

4 Likes

Working from home today… closing an arcane loophole and putting up a watchdog to stymie a little racket. :man_superhero:

5 Likes

I’m going to make some orange zest oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with my mom today.

2 Likes

Those are the worst. Mana just leaks everywhere. It’s so runny, but stains so easy. Like even club soda is just… just a no go.

6 Likes

Jack in a Southpaw echo : I’ll pay you enough money to build a mansion made out of other… smaller mansions.

I never really got that :man_shrugging:

Also, ripping stomach ache kept me up til 3am so I’m also one of the head no worky crew.

3 Likes

heh - I have seriously been considering making MtG cards for certain things we use at work. We had one taped to the corner of a flat cart we use, for example, with stats about ankle bite and knee bash attacks, as the cart was notorious for that sort of thing.

They could be pretty funny if done right for things like our eye wash station, custom-built pallet jack (it’s got odd dimensions for a specific role), our cutters made specifically for thick braided cable, the Huntron as some sort of oracle, that sort of thing.

I have a CPU mounted on my hutch behind a little set of jail bars with a sad face on a sticky note on it. It had a pretty arcane failure mode (it took literally six years to confirm it). It otherwise works fine, but if we return it for repair, they’ll never find the issue and it’ll wind up plaguing someone else, so it’s on permanent probation. I mean, I could have just disposed of it with our recyclers, but it makes me laugh when I see it. A MtG card for it would be even funnier.

4 Likes

The cookies are done!

I actually made them with my dad because my mom is taking a nap.

6 Likes

Just got my tree set up, waited too late this year.

5 Likes

I just downloaded a digital audio workstation called Cakewalk.

I heard it’s a great alternative to FL Studio.

and the best part: IT’S FREE! :grinning:

TIL: I can rock a cape at a nighttime zoo.

6 Likes

This can’t pass without explanation.

4 Likes