Random Talk Thread, MK. IV

On a bike ride today, I got a train to honk its horn by doing the arm pump. I got a logging truck to do the same earlier in the year… I’ll never be too old for that (puts a smile on my face every time).

10 Likes

But how many chuggas…you know what, never mind. :grin:

4 Likes

Since the year is almost over, I’m going to say this once. And ONLY once:

This decade started off weird, it’s going to end weird.

4 Likes

I don’t remember 2010 being all that weird, but I like the phrase.

3 Likes

It was weird for my family and I.

We were still recovering from the recession during those times IIRC.

2 Likes

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHH WORDS HURT MY BRAIN. I DO OK UP TO WORD JEFE THEN NEXT WORD BREAK MY HEAD. YOU SHOULD WRITE LIKE MY FAVOURITE WRITER SPOT THE DOG! HE IS BEST WRITER AND BEST AT RUN TOO. MAYBE IF YOU GET BETTER RUN YOU WRITE MORE LIKE SPOT!! PLEASE RUN MORE!

SYCO STU 1 :star:'s YOU!

Ahem, so sorry about that @Aether_Seraph the part of me that identifies as a psychotic bandit meant to post that in the Bandit Yelp Review thread please forgive him.

The rest of me agrees with you sanity is an illusion as is insanity :slight_smile:

Link there to the review thread incase you not come a cross it yet aether, pretty funny buddy.

4 Likes

Yeah, the recovery from that was particularly sluggish and ineffective. I still wouldn’t call 2010 weird due to that, but it’s not surprising you were still seeing the effects at all.

Honestly, I half think the people who argue that whole ‘recovery’ was just a long growth recession may have a point.

4 Likes

Let me rephrase what I said:

2010 was more tragic than weird for us. not just because of that, but also because of the time an oak tree hit the back of our house, damaged the roof and it caused our kitchen to cave in almost a month later.

Here are some pictures of what it looked like after it happened:

We were lucky no one was hurt.

3 Likes

Ouch. Yeah, problems compounding can really make things worse. Glad you guys came through alright.

1 Like

Yep.

And we are still working on the house to this day.

We got a new roof in 2011 and new windows in 2016.

4 Likes

If this thread is a wellspring i would imagine that I am not unlike a fire hose…

Drink… DRINK!!

MWAHAHAHAHAH!!

Aaaaand thanks @stocky …get soaked dude

On the bright side the raging river in my head has subsided somewhat… After nuking RTT mk4 with that last post I still had to do crosswords for three and a half hours but my brain has finally petered out.

Time to go get some beer!! While the planeswalkers away the beebles will play!

Hopefully @arsonist comes around later…

4 Likes

I sealed the waffles I made earlier today.

And I made sure I put it on the moist setting. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Did you use epoxy?

No.

I vacuum sealed it.

Aha, but why didn’t you just eat them

I made about five of them.

I ate one this morning and saved the rest for tomorrow.

…I want some waffles.

Is there anything special about your waffles?

I just used a box of Belgian waffle mix you can get at a grocery store.

I didn’t add anything to batter.

How do you warm them up?

I just pour the batter into a waffle iron and cook it for 4 minutes.

If you were talking about the waffles I already made, I was going to heat them in the microwave.