Random Talk Thread, MK. IV

Classy.

I mean exploitative.

7 Likes

Wow. They should just take a week’s pay for all affected workers out of the executive compensation fund. I doubt they’d miss it.

6 Likes

Went out walking after dinner, It was very nice.
Screen_20190411_185711

2 Likes

A 255W processor chip? Damn. I’d like to see the cooling system this thing would need.

Looks like they’re looking to market it to rich gamers.

Though it would have fewer cores than the previous top—14 cores and 28 threads compared to the i9-9980XE’s 18 cores and 36 threads—it would make up for this in clock speed. The i9-9990XE is clocked at 4.0 to 5.0GHz, compared to 3.0 to 4.5GHz.
The price of this monster? €2,999 (about $3,400).

Wow.

I think I’ll stick with the Threadripper, It’s way cheaper.

1 Like

I’m currently rewatching The Mighty B, It’s as good as I remember it.

Yeah but can I get a power level

3 Likes

Are you saying Gearbox aren’t paying intimate attention to my posts here and so factoring my views on Trump into bl3? Outrageous. :pouting_cat:

7 Likes

Side note, seems that Duncanfogg’s BL2 gear calc is dead. It was already outdated, but still a pity. Lot less work than doing it manually.

3 Likes

Oh c’mon, you stalin fangirl. Everyone pays intimate attention to your posts.

4 Likes

Huh? What posts? And what is this attention thing you’re talking about?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Oh she makes commie loving vegan posts all the time. An dpeople love it.

Also this is the first time i’ve been able to make out yoru new avatar - I approve

1 Like

I was the middle of rewatching a show from my childhood while catching up on posts.

Love your avatar, @Curmudge0n! Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite movies.

2 Likes

This is weird. If I go there from my bookmark (on my phone) it works, but if I Google it (and get the same URL) it doesn’t.
Does this link work?

http://thegearcalculator.appspot.com/

That said, it’s always been marginally useful. Outdated, yes, but also inaccurate.

4 Likes

Thanks! It’s to mirror the grim and serious mood I’m in today :wink:

Just joking, I’m having a day off today, my PC is working again and my younger kid got rid of his fever. So, good day.

Vegan posts?! Why would someone do that?

5 Likes

She’s probably vegetarian. I get the two confused more than I should and I’m a slight bit tipsy today. It’s something about valuing life above personal taste. I can’t relate but it makes sense to some people.

2 Likes

I put “vegan stalin” into google images and got back an entertaining mockup of Hitler clasping a Swastika banner in one hand and a bunch of carrots in the other. You have my thanks :carrot:

5 Likes

I DO IT ALL FOR YOU CLEM.

All of it…

1 Like

Interesting, but no.

2 Likes

And I thank you for a little light reading material:

I actually love this random seeding of google search algorithms with forum insanity.

4 Likes