Random Talk Thread, MK. IV

Changed that for you Ars.

… And funny

I went to Florida years ago with my brother & his family. They had already booked for a while in one of the nice big hotels. I decided to tag along last minute, so was in a cheapo hotel about 10 minutes from them.

I never really sleep, so would get up and walk round to their hotel early each morning and go use the facilities at the huge complex they were in until they were ready to get up.

I walked in one morning through this grand lobby that was bigger than the entire motel I was in. I mean this lobby was huge. And all I could see everywhere was a sea of (mostly) men that made the chaps in the photos above look like they have the frame of Shaggy from Scooby Doo. And a bunch of mostly slim, svelt, women. And it appeared that the women, were fawning for these guys attention.

It was then I noticed the big sign in the lobby, welcoming me to an annual chubby chasers convention. These big guys were fooking rockstars to these ladies mate. I was still gliding through the lobby, probably with my mouth now agape, as these bevy of gals, fought for attention. Not one of them giving me a glance :frowning:

One of the really big guys, fell out of his specially supported chair just as I was about to exit the hall to the main apartments. It took about a dozen hotel staff to try get the poor fella back up. Like a 400 pound turtle on it’s back, if the guy had fell in his own home, not sure what he would have done.

Anyway after reaching my brothers apartment, I knock and his wife lets me in, because my brothers in the shower. I tell her right away she better keep my brother inside today, if she does not want to lose him. She is looking at me puzzled and says why? I tell her there is a chubby chasers convention in your hotel lobby and if you let him out he will be the belle of the ball. My bro got some teasing from us all that day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apparently the US is getting new normals:

Those normals being the average daily high/low each day of the year for the past 30 years. And the average of those averages is then compared to the same data for the previous 30 years. Most places end up being hotter by anything from 0.5-1.0°C over the year. Also confirms what seems to be pretty common given the constant steam of fire and flood reports from different parts of the country:

The long-term trend really stands out on this graphic:

4 Likes

Well, Christmas cactus seems to have finally stopped blooming. Lasted a good six months though.

4 Likes

And SpaceX stuck the landing with SN-15! :rocket: :partying_face:

4 Likes

In another example of a person graduating from a degree program without appearing to have learned some of the key lessons, we have Oussama Hamza:

• Lawyer makes offensive comments, gets called on it, doubles down
  • This triggers complaints to the relevant Law Society, which starts an investigation
  • Lawyer refuses to cooperate, and drags them, complainants, and others who had commented on social media into a defamation lawsuit
  • The filing is of the quality of the Kraken Lady or worse
  • Lawyer represents himself in court, claims both the judge and the Law Society will be unfair
  • Judge dismisses case while lambasting the lawyer for filing “legal gibberish”
  • Lawyer triples down and sues judge

Oh, this is going splendidly…

3 Likes

And hopefully

• Lawyer disbarred
4 Likes

I wonder if the law school he graduated from has a mechanism for revoking degrees? They must be feeling pretty embarrassed right about now.

2 Likes

They should be.

If anyone wonders why lawyers have such a bad reputation, look no further!

3 Likes

Cats!

2 Likes

Things look a bit different. It’s been a while.
o-O

1 Like

Hey stranger! Nice avatar. :+1:

2 Likes