Random Talk Thread, MK. IV

Record low spring rainfall. By “record”, I’m not quite sure but the fire danger rating is currently moderate here (3 on a 1-5 scale). High enough that my wife bitched out a guy who lit a cigarette in the forest. He complied and put it out.

Edit. Well shut my mouth. It’s pissing rain.

3 Likes

Starting the “late evening” shift Monday.
I have one mission this week-end.

Go to bed late!

That and Killing ennemies with Corrosive elemental weapons. :slight_smile:

It’s dry here too. :expressionless: (Québec)
Kinda hooked off the news so don’t ask me any technical detail.

5 Likes

Mission update.

Failed miserably. Bought a Maudite and started too early.
Some days I forget I’m not 20 anymore. :laughing:

…Still need 288 corrosive kills. :flushed:

5 Likes

Heck, I keep forgetting I’m not 40 any more. That’s one of the perils of getting older though, isn’t it? You know… um, that thing that happens when you get older… :older_man:

3 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: That’s what I should had said.
Wouldn’t had that “problem” 10 years ago!

1 Like

BTW, Maximum Burn is in trouble again:

He’s been racking up the tickets, I see.

5 Likes

So, this happened.

:scream::exploding_head:

6 Likes

Saw that on the BBC too. That guy really has a whale of a tale to tell…

3 Likes

Seems like a pretty good way to get rich. Whale vomit is worth a fortune. Now we know we just need to throw ourselves into the belly of the beast and our money troubles are over.

5 Likes

Just be sure to pick the right whale. Humpback or Blue Whale and you’re good.

Orca not so much…

Sperm Whale only if your name isn’t Ahab.

5 Likes

That’s because orcas are dolphins :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

There’s always one…

2 Likes

I am increasingly convinced that this Ubisoft show will be a near total dud. Admittedly there’s still some time left, but nonetheless.

Honestly at this point I’m beginning to think that the publishers may do a better job canceling E3 by showing up than any of the previous attempts. Albeit admittedly Sony contributed by not…

2 Likes

I used to watch these shows live, but now I’m just reading the announcements. I think the only streams I’ll watch this year is Nintendo’s and maybe Microsoft’s, I haven’t decided.

2 Likes

Don’t blame you at all, the only thing that I recall which (might) be of significance is the announcement of an Avatar game. At least I think it was an announcement, not a setting I’m particularly interested in.

To be fair, the whole Farcry 6/villains thing was mildly interesting.

1 Like

Or do what I do and wait for the breakdown with screen shots - no ads!

Or, just watch silly math videos!

4 Likes

Hm, well my immediate thoughts on Starfield - it doesn’t look hundreds of years in the future. Clunky switches? Primitive measuring? Honestly looks more retro-future than future.

1 Like

Well, I don’t like double posting, but frankly this trailer put me in tears of laughter. Redfall may be the game I anticipate most so far (though Stalker 2, Starfield, Contraband, Atomic Heart, and Outer Worlds 2 are all interesting), but Outer Worlds 2 has easily earned best trailer just for how funny it was.

4 Likes

I’d read about it but not seen it. That was good. :+1:

3 Likes

It seems I’ve been living the last couple days through Mr. Shank’s echo recordings.

A new co-worker happens to be named Jerome, and he just happens to have pecs that one could joke could deflect bullets. So I’ve been saying “poor Jerome” from time to time and finally had to play the audio clip for him.

Naturally this was preceded by Chaz and the tickling and we had a good laugh since one of our other co-workers has that very name.

And third? Engorge? Alas, no.

Chilli cheese fries for dinner.

4 Likes