Random Talk Thread, MK. IV

Living in the US? Paying a high price for middling to crappy internet? Here’s why!

Strewth - I knew it was bad, but that’s ridiculous.

1 Like

Partially, but I’m still inclined to largely blame geographic monopolies. Albeit their continued existence could be argued to that.

Damn, I thought Canadian internet was expensive – I just looked at some international comparisons and was surprised to see how expensive US broadband is. Of course they need to fund their lobbying somehow.

Cellular service in Canada though. That’s another matter…

2 Likes

The series didn’t start as tower defence, but it has branched out to have like 12 versions of the original game

download

And currently 6 of the main tower defence versions and 2 spin offs of the tower defence. Then 3 completely different spin offs that i know of

The original idea apparently came from the creator’s wife and the tower defence version came out later that year

I feel like the WC3 map predated that, but I could be wrong given we’re talking about a period including the early 00s.

The wiki said 2007 and didn’t mention WC3 as inspiration, which i can only assume means Warcraft 3

1 Like

It looks like the map might’ve been released afterwards. Honestly more impressed by the amount of misinformation I ran across about TDs in general while researching that.

1 Like

Speaking of Warcraft 3…

Well, Blizzard is worse than I’ve been saying for years!

1 Like

Are you referring to Activision-Blizzard being sued by CA? Seems like their PR department is trying to dig the hole deeper.

2 Likes

I mean, they’ve hired a torture apologist and a Trump official recently, helped shut down Hong Kong protests while letting China support continue, screwed over their developers/customers years ago to give more power to management, are paying Kotick amounts of money that defy belief for attacking both their own company and the public… Am I suppose to pretend surprise that they conceal sexual harassment allegations?

That all said, Ars may have just discovered that they killed off WC3 when they created their awful remake. Which infuriated me too.

3 Likes

Went back and looked at some of my old posts and considered finishing them, decided against it for a few reasons

Maybe once BL3 is said and done with, I’ll have played and learned enough about the game to make at least a build post, but judging by the BL3 section i don’t want to deal with it’s community

Just thinking out loud don’t mind me

4 Likes

No idea what kind of succulent this is but it’s just going into flower and it’s extremely cool.

Edit : echevaria - just figured it out.

3 Likes

Really what got me was the… enormity of the situation. The death that was involved in particular and the fact that it went on for so long. Christ almighty, dude predates WoW.

Nuts ■■■■.

3 Likes

My daughter wants me to tell you that she loves your plants, and asks if you named them?

2 Likes

My good buddy Atanasio did.

Ironically his name transliterates as Take Varies.

3 Likes

The local bevy… need to unplug my car, but I don’t want to disturb them while they groom the yard.

edit - some turkeys sniffing around too.

6 Likes

I think she meant if you gave them pet names, like Fred or Blossom. So far, she’s the only person I know who names her plants individually!

3 Likes

If the opportunity arises I shall introduce you to my wife. Then you know two.

2 Likes

Ended up getting 3rd place in a cornhole tournament today

Didn’t know we were playing double elimination so after losing the 1st set we went on to win the next 3 sets and lose in semi-finals

Interfered with D&D becuase of bad communication and me getting a lot further than i thought i would

3 Likes

Well, that’s a new definition for cornhole.

2 Likes