Random Talk Thread V: Fast Vive

JEEESUS WANTS A HUUUUUUG

@Jefe @TemetNosce

AND SO IT WAS WRITTEN.

4 Likes

Good, now let us never speak of that again.

2 Likes

Now let us all turn our ire to the shameful thread, wrought from naught but pain.

2 Likes

We exorcise you, every impure spirit, every satanic power, every incursion of the infernal adversary, every legion, every congregation and diabolical sect, in the name of Our Lord Jesus and by the power of the Lord!

Just pop that into G-translate => Latin. Get Google to speak it 3 times and we’ll be done with that demonic System baby.

2 Likes

Honestly I’m just glad that my drunk brought me to a place where I could hold this mighty stand in history, where others could come before me…

Also, I really need to figure out how to turn off ping alerts for topics before I pass out.

Cause I’m real drunk.

2 Likes

Bottom of the thread, the drop down below reply.

1 Like

Noted, and bonered.

1 Like

I really wanted it to be RTT V: Let’s talk about talking about stuff, guys. Durned bedtime.

2 Likes

You lot just have to make a moderator’s life difficult, don’t you!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Hey. We didnt choose the infidel thread. It chose us.

3 Likes

Caught Free Guy in an actual theater recently - better than I expected it to be, though it was a serious reminder about why basic theaters are on hard times.

Another day of muggy weather and, since this is a city with traffic steadily returning to pre-Covid levels, the air quality is pretty bad at this point. It’s not dropped below 20°C/70°F at night for over a week and we’ve had very little wind, so everything is just stuck down at ground level. Mild thundershowers rolling through right now, but I don’t think that’s going to make it any better.

On a positive note, loads of cicadas buzzing away pretty much all day, all week. Glad to know it’s been good for something!

2 Likes

I have come to anoint this thread with my usual maturity.

GENTLEMEN! BEHOLD! A GIF OF A DUCK’S ASS!!!

3 Likes

Well, that was disturbing. A lot of people from the old forums are suddenly active, which is nice, but… well, someone just contacted me on Sky’s account and I’m not sure it’s Sky given both the diction and a link to an ungoogleable site that tries to get your Steam credentials. I shouldn’t have let it get as far as it did honestly (I allowed it to run scripts since Sky or whoever it was asked me to vote), but regardless kind of paranoid now.

Edit: Someone else I know on Steam had the same scam sent to them recently too - be on the lookout.

2 Likes

Just to clarify - that was a Steam and not forum account contacting you?

Also, if the thing was running scripts on your machine unhindered, I’d do a complete wipe and reinstall from scratch.

2 Likes

Eh, I had multiple other security measures up, and ran a scan afterwards. Further, the website only shows up as a fishing website when checked via website checkers.

Yes though, Steam.

Edit: Sky seems to have his account back.

1 Like

Of all the Gearbox trailers produced to advertise some campaign/DLC, the Aurelia trailer is the one that actually makes me think, “heck yeah, I should play that right now”. I’d love to see every single Vault Hunter get this treatment. Shoot, I wouldn’t say no to seeing a number of NPCs get this treatment.

3 Likes

Personally have a weakness for the Wimoweh trailer for BL2 honestly, assuming campaigns include the main ones.

3 Likes

As I think about it, the Meat Bicycle for Two video was a pretty good pitch for Krieg. I like those more cinematic ones than like Gaige’s (and both of Jack’s trailers are just… weird).

4 Likes

Why is Brick in that trailer? Was he supposed to show up as part of the crew on Elpis, or did someone just think he’d look totally badass (and much better than Claptrap) alongside the other TPS Vault Hunters? I mean, he does look totally badass, but can you imagine TPS with Brick as a playable character?

And now I’m realising that Mordecai is at the back as well. Hmmm…

2 Likes