Random Talk Thread V: Fast Vive

Seconded. The whole ‘DEATH takes a holiday’ thing was immensely entertaining.

4 Likes

Teh-ah-tim-eh. Nonetheless, I admit a lot of his books are quite good in terms of comments on absurdity/the human condition.

“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.”

4 Likes

Well, sorry mates. I can see I’ve let you down. I guess I just never really got around to it. To be honest, I didn’t even know who he was until the last couple of years. Now that I know I’m knee deep in children and the chaos that guarantees I don’t have the time to really read. I’m sorry. I’ll go yeet myself off the cliff of bibliophilia into the chasm of former readers. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

And Zeus sayeth unto Sisyphus: “have some Buddhism bitch”.

3 Likes

eplains why he named his rock Buddah. Cheers Jefe both round and have the same moto for life - Just Roll with it.

3 Likes

But don’t lose grip or you’re gonna get crushed.

3 Likes

Just one of the dangers of living the rock and roll lifestyle mate.

3 Likes

I’m going to post this article although it won’t mean much to you guys but to me this is the epitome of Island culture. Actually Tofino in general is a perfect microcosm and a perfect example of forces colliding (loggers, hippies and developers).

This was the place I referred to in Story Time

Turns out they all squat (with permission) on some guy’s land, a couple acres of boardwalks lined with tents, tarp shelters, shacks and small cabins.

Completely insane that this place existed from the late 80’s until just recently. Sad to know he died recently.

3 Likes

Weird random aside, the Internet Archive, which is to preserve the internet, doesn’t actually have a physical backup. So in the case of nuclear war it’s pretty much totally pointless (barring them not hitting major non military targets).

3 Likes

Yo Gabba Gabba DVDs should be packaged with psychedelics for the parents so they can appreciate the visuals and music contained within.

*this is not a negative review. 28/10 will watch with my kids again.

3 Likes

There is only one species of spiders that are not carnivores, rather, they are omnivores. They also happen to be closely related to Jumping Spiders.

3 Likes

a free family trip with every purchase. I could have used some packaged with the film I am watching right now for sure. I am about an hour into Straight Outta Compton for the first time and I am struggling with the will to continue on. I lnew it was always going to be a difficult watch for someone who has said many times that Rap is not music. But I figured how bad can a bio pic be really. Turns out the answer is really fooking bad if you are not a fan of the source material at all. It is like watching a biopic on the birth of baby Hitler as I feel like I want to kill Rap while it is in it’s cradle the same I am sure I would with baby Hitler. I was hoping the fact I liked Ice Cubes transition to acting might get me through but after watching an hour I think that hope has flown by now. I hate leaving a film half watched and am kind of hating myself for starting this knowing how much I dislike Rap. I feel like I picked up a 2nd boulder for ■■■■■ and giggles today alongside the one we are already forced to drag along going back to yesterdays Sisyphean talk. so anyway got lost a bit there but I think if it came with psychadelics I might have made it through or just went out and shot someone as their lyrics repeatedly tell me to.

2 Likes

Honestly, I quite dislike most rap myself but I wouldn’t go that far. What I take issue with in the gerne is that the funky nature it started with just dissapeared over time. If we look at more modern rap artists/groups, only Cypress Hill stands out for me because they aren’t afraid to play into other gernes.

2 Likes

I like rap and still gave this flick a pass. I’m not sure anything would have made it easier for me. I hope you either survived or got comfortable bailing early.

3 Likes

So, one I remembered something I was going to post earlier - is it just me, or is it odd that AI may replace writers before they replace burger flippers?

Actually just one. I was going to ask how fast anyone thought cultured meat would catch on, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to make a precise estimate without better cost data.

2 Likes

just made it luckily what remained was the group in decline when Cube left. And then the sad early death of Easy E. The last part was easy to identify with even if you can’t stand the band with a modicum of human empathy so I scraped through thanks Paulo

What is cultured meat? because I am pretty sure it is not what I imagine it is because life is rarely that funny. Pigs in top hats and tails at a really posh dinner party. my s2nd place rational side of my brains guess would be lab grown but that would not make me smile as much :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lab grown meat basically.

1 Like

just answered as i was editing there Tem thats what the boring side of me thought cheers mate

1 Like

Disney has AI writing down pat — I call it fridge magnet writing. I can just see the execs sitting around after the first AI-written success slack-jawed at their luck. What a coup! Audiences are so basic that we can just distil every script down to five (say) basic stories. And no one will notice because we just need to plug into their lizard brains.

Cultured meat? Remember when I mentioned krill and grasshopper cakes in my sci-fi book? We’re seeing the potential beginnings right now with meat prices soaring. That alone might make the market viable although it’ll be a few years still before the other factors (environmental issues affecting conventional meat production) become a reality.

3 Likes

guessing this must be the Daddy longlegs. Having trouble thinking of another spider that fits the bill other than spiderman as we know he is an omnivore as he famously had lettuce on his ham sandwich in that one scene in the first film.