Random Talk Thread

Because, let us be entirely honest, we need one.

Edit: Beginning chronicle of the events which led to our current sorry state of affairs.

Note the first: Astro has requested that I demarcate certain important events. Apparently beginning with his shameful predilection for tradition. Doubtless this is some form of fetish. I do not know which.

Note the second: Most lamentably, fetishes seem a common feature in the tale of this sorry lot. The Arsonist (a disreputable title if I’ve ever seen one), abused his very first post to… edify us on the nature of his profane vocabulary.

Note the third: I find myself much afeared, I cannot claim to be stout of heart, and my thoughts dwell increasingly upon the incoming flood.

Note the fourth: A peculiar sort of masquerade has began in my absence, people wear the most outlandish masks, as if to conceal some great crime.

Note the fifth: A most ominous silence has been broken by cacophony. Could this racket conceal something more?

Note the six: Perfidy! While I lay resting a person of moral turpitude most foul has crept within and enacted petty vandalism!

Note the seventh: A most lamentable state of affairs has ensued, as I began to hunt for my nemesis, they discounted their crime as a mere jest. Despicable.

Note the eighth: The watchers play tricks upon me, I found myself unable to scrawl more notes for many days. I do not know how long it has been, nor why they permit these defacements once more.

Note the ninth: Cacophany. My thoughts are no longer my own, and sly voices vie one upon another to whisper and hoot vicious nonsense. Have I been driven mad, or are there voices in these walls?

12 Likes

Damn, I wish I did this now

1 Like

Given the lack of certainty in how the changeover will work, there’s a good chance that it’s irrelevant in the long run (since old content may accompany us). We’ll see. Regardless, in the short term, I suspect most of us will want a dumping ground for things not worth a thread anyways.

2 Likes

I was thinking about that, but I’m not sure how hard it would be for GBX to port all the stuff from the other boards over to here

1 Like

Have to admit, not familiar enough myself with any similar process to know the answer either. I’ve gone through something like this as a user, and I remember it did keep certain user information, but I can’t recall what happened to the content in general.

1 Like

I was going to ask Joe about it, but he doesn’t seem to be online right now, and his Steam doesn’t work for me

Don’t think we’re in a rush anyways, although I do like the… New ‘smell’ to this kind of experience. I like poking around in things far too much I suppose.

1 Like

I’m home. @TemetNosce do you think you might do the legacy milestone OP edits like Hellz has been?

edit: Getting used to the twitter style user reference. Soon I’ll be able to hashtag like all the hip young folks.

2 Likes

@Astrobleme Why not? They probably won’t be like Hellz, but I’ll dump something up there. Congratulations on featuring in the first by the way.

1 Like

Neat. Probably time to invest in a word of the day calendar to keep up with that vocabulary.

I was looking at all the badges we can earn and have no idea how to get the FAQ badge. Read over all the rules and FAQs one could find. To no avail unfortunately. Do we need to say a secret pass code or something?

1 Like

In the top right there’s three lines on top of each other next to your avatar, click them, drop down menu opens, hit the one labeled FAQ. There may be a slight delay between completing an action and getting the badge though. I can confirm it works since I have it.

I wonder where everyone else is…

1 Like

test, not so sure I like this yet

1 Like

Things are a little wonky at the moment. Broken images and what-not.

1 Like

I mean more the look and feel of it all, it has some bells but feels odd

1 Like

I miss my post count number already.

@0takuMetalhead Agreed

1 Like

Lots of stuff I’ll need to gett used to aswell but I think I can welcome our future home.

2 Likes

post count never bothered me, like it better with out really

1 Like

Hey-o! Sorry, I’m a console player, so I’m never on Steam. Not even quite sure why I made an account, honestly. Best bet for contacting me is PM on one of the forums. The deal with the old stuff is that we’ll put the word out soon (after phase 2) that people will need to move thread over from the old forums “manually” aka copy/paste style. It sucks, but that’s our only option. There’s no functionality for us to import everything. If you guys have threads you like to begin moving over, that should be fine.