Randy Pitchford's Tweet on Fortnite cross-play

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1

This is very interesting…
Could we possibly be gaming cross-platform in BL3? Time will tell…

But how cool would it be, to be able to co-op with @Sun_Tsunami or @nat_zero_six just to name a couple that are on Playstation platform. This could be epic…

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #2

Bethesda is trying to force sony to allow crossplay for fallout 76. I don’t see it happening

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #3

Sony caved for Fortnite. Follow that recipe and it could happen again.

I think it boils down to the $ they are missing out on. And the fact that it’s a “negative” buzz media-wise for Sony newcomers. Fortnite is huge, so it makes sense.

As long as the $ is there, it will happen.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #4

Sony also outsales Xbox, so if Xbox starts catching up yeah Sony will start allowing more features

(I’m Nat and just a Number.) #5

That is awesome…

(Brute 912) #6

I read that there’s a long process for allowing crossplay. I don’t know if every game is gonna get crossplay. If they do though, the task sounds difficult unless they found a way to achieve it sooner than expected, like from a certain source.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #7

I would imagine not. But the fact that Randy Pitchford gave praise to the platforms that came together for a single purpose. Gives me hope that it can happen with Randy’s future endeavors, one of which we all know is Borderlands 3. This was just food for thought.

(LootHunter_twitch) #8

Hey Kurt, your right there. There are plenty of people in this forum i may well have played with if it wasn’t for the fact they were on such inferior XBOX’s :smile: — So yeh, if they do cross platform for B3 and MS and Sony have given them the go ahead, it will defo open the way for forum’s like this to enjoy a little more free co-op. I think the PS5 will be out by then too!!

(Is this thing on?) #9

It’s a little hard to see many arguments against cross-platform play for a co-operative game like the Borderlands series. And MS has already said game developers can allow KBM on XB1 if they want that (apparently it’s a developer choice.) Interesting times…