Ranger 1 Presents Homeworld Remastered Gameplay

Hello folks, R1 here.
I’m going to do a series of lets play videos focused on the Homeworld Remastered series. Primarily this is to familiarize my subscribers with the series, as to my surprise many have never experienced it. For you veteran players, this will be old hat… but new players may find it helpful as I try to remember how to play this classic games after so many years away from it.
This section in my channel will also serve to update Homeworld players on any new information I come across for Shipbreakers (Homeworld prequel) as it becomes available.
I’ll do several of the more iconic missions and then branch out into multi-player, eventually we’ll get into various mods as well when they become available.
I’ll use this thread to post new episode as they are completed.
Latest episode:

2 Likes

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.1]: Kharak System
Homeworld Remastered was just released by Gearbox Software, featuring the original Homeworld and Homeworld 2 games with completely remastered graphics and audio.

Mission 1 - Kharak System

The Mothership conducts its final preparations before the first test of the hyperspace core.

2 Likes

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.2]: Outskirts of Kharak System

The Kushan face a mysterious new enemy when trying to make contact with the scout ship Khar-Selim.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.3]: Return to Kharak

The Mothership Fleet returns to Kharak to find their planet burned, their people annihilated and the survivors under attack.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.4]: Great Wasteland (Part One)

Narrowly escaping the desolation of Kharak, the Mothership Fleet scours the Great Wasteland to gather resources and prepare for war.

O hey Ranger, fancy seeing you here.

Heya Xercodo. I am the proverbial bad penny.

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.5]: Great Wasteland (Part 2)

The Mothership Fleet descends on the fleet that laid waste to Kharak, seeking revenge for their ruined planet.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.6]: Diamond Shoals

Using captured intel, the Mothership Fleet avoids contact with Taiidan outposts, but jumps straight into a deadly asteroid field.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.7]: The Gardens of Kadesh

The Mothership Fleet uses the Great Nebula to infiltrate the Taiidan Empire, but their presence angers a new and dangerous enemy.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.8]: The Cathedral of Kadesh

The Kadeshi use hyperspace inhibitors to stall the fleeing Mothership Fleet. The Kushan must fight their former brethren to the bitter end.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.9]: Sea of Lost Souls

Free of the Great Nebula, the Mothership Fleet exits hyperspace to investigate a powerful anomaly.

Great, just what I didn’t need. Zombie ships!

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.10]: Super Nova Station

On the borders of Empire space, the Mothership Fleet selects its first target - a valuable Taiidan research station.

I’m playing these missions straight through, no do-overs… so you’ll see all the mistakes I make after years of not playing.

Hopefully it will be helpful to new players in showing what does, and more importantly what does not, work well in these missions.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.11]: Tenhauser Gate

A Taiidan fleet assault a lone Bentusi trade ship, but the Mothership Fleet arrives to lend a hand.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.12]: Galactic Core

The Taiidan set a trap for the Mothership Fleet, but unwittingly delivers them a powerful ally.

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.13]: The Karos Graveyard
Under direction of Tiidan Rebel Leader, Captain Elson, the Mothership Fleet moves to activate a critical communications relay.
No dancing around the outskirts in this one, we’re going straight up the middle!

1 Like

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.14]: BRIDGE Of SIGHS

Using intel from Captain Elson, the Mothership Fleet assaults the hyperspace Inhibitor station blocking access to the Hiigaran System.

AKA: How to needle your son without really trying.

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.15]: Chapel Perilous

Desperate to stop the Kushan’s advance to Hiigara, the Taiidan launch a last-ditch attempt to destroy the Mothership.

Homeworld Remastered Gameplay [Ep.16]: Hiigara

The Kushan finally reach their Homeworld, but the Taiidan Emperor has one last plan to silence the Exiles once and for all.

The last battle in an iconic RTS game.

Of course you have to do HW2 now too