Rapid increase in Shards (1,000+)

OK, maybe I’m missing something obvious but it seems strange when it happens.
I’m using a free shard gen and twice now on Echelon all of a sudden I have an instant increase in shards.
Just now I had 42 and then it jumped to over 1,000 instantly.
How is this possible?

A few questions, were any team mates using a legendary shard generator? Were all the giant shards up? If no to both of this I have no clue

I had just cleared the large shards and spent them on the enemy side.
As for anyone with a legendary, I forgot to check.

In addition to @loving-hatred’s suggestion of your teammates grabbing giant shards in quick succession or the presence of a Quartermastery Bin in one of your teammates loadouts, another possibility is whenever minion waves are cleared by ranged AoE they’ll leave equivalent amounts of shards to that of a giant shard.

(from: http://battlebornforum.com/pages/battleborn-legendary-gear-ultimate-guide/)

4 Likes

I wonder if players actually waste a slot to equip such an expensive, unnecessary gear IMO

Legendary max roll shard gens take 14 minutes just to pay off their own cost. The only time I can see the QM Bin working is on a Pendles who does nothing but collect every shard ever, and his team is definitely going to need those shards to win the 4v5s they’re stuck in. :smirk:

Technically the QM Bin makes every shard much more valuable (120% more shards per shard) but it’s spread thin and requires one person to collect them, so incredibly niche advantage there.

3 Likes

Has it happened multiple times?

Twice this weekend on the same map.

True, but I will still say that you’re purely paying for the legendary effect on legendary shard gen(I use veil manipulator still for the 10.5 health regen at 1000 shards

Shh! Don’t look a glitch-gift thrall in the face! I WISH the shards came to me magically…

1 Like

Ah I should’ve noticed from the OP. Interesting. I wonder why

1 Like

I was in a team where some dude was doing this once. I cbf with legendaries so didn’t benefit but the others all had triple legendary really quick (how quick, I don’t know for sure but it was damn fast). Around level 3-4 or 7-10mins, I think. This was on Paradise. It’s actually pretty effective. After everyone has triple legendary Pendles plays normally, usually with his ult up from spamming buildables. gg from there.