While the title might not be strictly true, the SoT COM isn’t very good so I’m going to ignore it.
Anyway, a while back I did a quick analysis of Typecast Iconoclast and Rational Anarchist, looking at the amount of stacks they give you per skill point spent, and it turns out that Rational Anarchist is always worth more stacks.
Note that RA and TI are concidered seperately; RA is not included in the spec for the TI tests.
Recall that Rational Anarchist is worth 25 stacks.
- stack ops to X: the number of stack gaining opportunities you must have to reach X stacks
- total value at X: the total number of stacks granted by Typecast Iconoclast, at the given skill rank, upon reaching X stacks
- rank value at X: the number of stacks the proc chance added by the given skill rank granted, upon reaching X stacks
Stack ops to X:
Total Value at X:
Rank value at X:
X: stack target
P: total proc chance
Oc: Stack ops to X for the current rank
Op: Stack ops to X for the previous rank
- proc chance stacks additively
- stochasticity is ignored
- having no other stack gain and maximized stack target is the ideal situation for Typecast, any further changes would only make it worth less
Nothing really ground breaking here, I just thought I might as well share.