Red Dead Redemption 2

And by that I mean what Rockstar calls RDR2 (the 3rd installment in the series):

It’s an impressive looking piece of work. A little nervous about minimum system requirements to do it justice, though!

Anyone else thinking of getting this game?

2 Likes

I’m considering it, but i never played the 1st one. Also are you counting revolver or undead nightmare as the other game?

As with any other new game I’m nervous about it being filled to the brim with MTs. At least they have a massive budget due to GTA5

1 Like

Revolver.

2 Likes

It’s already downloaded and ready for Friday, which i thankfully have off. Red Dead Redemption was one of my favorite games from the last generation of consoles, and i have been waiting too long for the sequel. I can’t wait, and yet i must!

This^ is my one worry, though at least i don’t have to worry about jets and tanks if they do. At worst, maybe an armoured carriage with an explosive minigun… :confused:

I am hoping that they learned from GTA5 though, because people were/are not happy about how easy it is to be griefed.

1 Like

If they go by GTA standards they’ll do the samething. Since it’s the top grossing game ever made

Since i refuse to pre order games I’ll have to choose between Fallout 76 or RDR2

1 Like

remember, fallout 76 is “fallout with friends”
blech. no ■■■■■■■ thanks.

Remember that the game is set in the late 1800’s-early 1900’s though, and that means that they are more restricted as to what overpowered crap they can put in the multiplayer.

That there will be a paywall in Red Dead 2’s
multiplayer, there is no doubt; but also keep in mind that it will JUST be in the multiplayer. The campaign is going to be massive, and that is worth the $60 price tag right there. Fallout 76 is online only, and won’t have solo play for a couple months. You WILL have to deal with idiots running around and possibly ruining your experience until they add solo/private servers, and i won’t be buying it- if i ever do -until they add it.

Good points. I realised a guy at work wants to borrow my skyrim and since RDR2 comes out sooner i’d buy it, so I’d have something new to play

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by Red Dead’s campaign. Rockstar might not give a flying f*ck about their fanbase’s multiplayer requests, and they might make them pay or slog to get anywhere in it, but their game’s campaigns have ALWAYS been top quality. I am excited for the campaign and hopeful for the multiplayer; so long as i can run around as an Indian and make offensive, stereotypical comments to my one native friend, shoot the horse out from my other ones, and spend hours playing virtual Texas Hold’em while drunk with them, i will be happy.

1 Like

Did RDR have a co-op or multiplayer mode? From what I read about the latest GTAV griefing problems, it was a flaw in the in-game social messaging that allowed the griefers to mess with people’s solo games. If RDR2 doesn’t have that, then hopefully it won’t be a problem. (Honestly haven’t been able to keep up with all the details on these things)

1 Like

It did, and it also did have griefing, which i shamefully admit that my younger self engaged in with my friends. There was no passive mode like in GTA online, so all you could do was run, a half-dozen armed horseman on you tail. I am hoping that they include passive mode this time around, to prevent it.

EDIT:
@Piemanlee, i forgot to add that Red Dead 2’s multiplayer beta won’t drop until a month from Friday, so that’ll give you time to complete the campaign and not fall behind, if you intend to play the multiplayer more. Or, with that in mind, you can wait a month if the multiplayer is only what you intend to play. Just wanted to make sure that you are aware of it before you buy it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m more of a solo player. I really liked gta5 story mode, so i know rockstar has it in them to make a 10/10 single player game. I’m glad they’re waiting on releasing multiplayer, so they can focus on bug fixing the main game

2 Likes

Welp just pre ordered rdr2 and 76 becuase it got me 15 bucks for free basically. The 88gigs for rdr2 will take at least 12 hours to download.

1 Like

Ouch!

2 Likes

If you saw the graphics and size of the map, you’d understand why it takes up such a huge chunk of space. I’ve never seen them go so all out before. Apparently there will be over 180 types of just animals in the game. Gotta hunt them all!

1 Like

I’ll probably pick it up eventually.

I’ll just let it download while I’m at work, then Saturday I’ll have plenty of play time. Won’t spoil anything, but will give my opening opinion

2 Likes

Played a couple of hours of RDR this last Monday. First time playing the game, 'twas pretty cool. A friend of mine fell in love with the first and is really looking forward to RDR2. I’ll be down to play 2 in the future, but before he lends me his PS3 I promised to watch s1 of Sopranos he lent me.

I… don’t really have anything to add to the conversation, just popped in to say it looks cool.
Cowboys are cool.

3 Likes

After the 16 hour download I’m ~30 minutes in and 1st impression is fantastic

2 Likes

You are on PS4?

1 Like