Redux..Pop the Devourers head, as Rath

Not even possible, right?

(Mike dlc)

Tried everything to crit the head, ran up hit with crossblade a hundred times.
Tried to get in quick and smash, then escape, which is very tricky.

Nothing I did as Rath had a crit effect on that head.

3 Likes

Had this with my latest run through with Ambra. T’was fun …

I kind of hate something like 80% of the ops point objectives in this DLC.

3 Likes

…I know, right. The idea of a challenge is great but knowing there is a solution is imperative.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried as Rath, but can you quick melee and crit it that way?

1 Like

Tried but still not sure.
He has to be very fast, OPs is 66 at that point and any damage will be an instant kill against paper Rath.
(I really enjoy playing Rath but he always seems to be made of paper)

1 Like

I love the blue LLC max health item on Rath (and many more characters):

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nice health boost and even more when your shield is down (i.e., every time some enemy in PvE looks in your general direction).

1 Like

For 100 OP runs on the Mike dlc I use this, and it does work great on Rath:

rathop01
rathop02
rathop03

2 Likes

I don’t really like legendaries. They ruin the fun a little for me by making some things way too easy.

My PvE Rath build is not really that great (I die a lot), but I find it fun to play. Health item from above and then either

View on lowlidev.com.au
and

View on lowlidev.com.au

or the sprint speed increase and

View on lowlidev.com.au

1 Like

It’s very hard to do 100 OPs without the OP gear, can be done but the magnification is needed on the player side.
Face to face a lot in the game at 100 OPs does 3k damage instantly, most of us are clueless why they did that.

4 Likes

Finished Demon Bear today as Rath with only 3 deaths and 100 points. I’m fine with that (I don’t play OPs with randoms, so mostly solo for me).

I don’t want to use a crutch like OPs point legendaries to mitigate design flaws in the missions.

Edit: Just to make it clear: Use whatever gear you want, I’m not judging, it’s your game. I find it just more fun to roll with epic and below. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s that difficult. Some boss fights are a pain with some characters but overall it’s not too bad.

4 Likes

respect, wrrriddle.
i usually go triple lego in pve since im there to entertain myself- i get enough challenge from pvp lol

3 Likes

Considering how much I love the Souls franchise, I’d say I’m a gaming masochist. If I’m not suffering, something is wrong.

4 Likes

Just for the record, my Rath enjoys each dlc @ 100 OPs and rarely dies.

3 Likes

You have to hit the head until it explodes with points. Difficult with melee and high-damage ranged characters (like Thorn and Marquis), but doable. I managed to do this with Attikus of all people.

…I’ve done each dlc at 100 OPs with every character and have done that with Attikus and Ambra but there is nothing working with Rath. He hits the head until that dang thing dies.

Huh. Strange. I haven’t gotten that one as Rath so I can’t give any advice on the matter. :frowning: