Reinstating Let's Bounce?

Great EAGLE, no! I wouldn’t even say it’s VIABLE for anything other than giving low-levels a fair shot, and finishing low-health melee characters that come after you after level 4. When i said i’ve killed level 100+ characters with it, i meant people playing as Pendles, Rath, El Dragon, etc. who come after me when i’m close to a wall. I stun 'em, shoot 'em once in the face as i walk around them, then punch them into the wall and body-block 'em. Toby’s melee is strong and quick enough to beat them before they take off more than half of your health, provided it is at full. I’ve done this several dozen times.

Also:

You don’t have to hide ANYTHING from me, buddy, so long as you don’t use the “C” word or “A” word in regards to Toby.

1 Like

Cnt and asshle ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)?

1 Like

…Uh, exactly! I’m, uh… REALLY mad, you guys!

Unconvincing growl of anger.

3 Likes

I used to run att speed on Orendi, was I playing her wrong?
I think wrong is the incorrect word for all these play-styles, It’s just different and utilizes different parts of the kit, even though they may not be the strongest.

1 Like

I dunno. I don’t play Orendi so I wouldn’t know.

Anyways, there is exceptions to play styles like sniper Benedict or front line tank ISIC. Play styles like those derail from what they actually are and what those characters are supposed to be/do. Aka, playing them wrong

1 Like

I definitely agree with you that certain character playstyles can hinder a team more than help them.

Also, @Ashbweh: I don’t think he was necessarily referring to your playstyle with Orendi. Just the “you can’t play a character wrong” statement.

If someone were trying to play Orendi like a Pends, or trying to play Montana like a long-range sniper (perching the Marq spot in Monuments), or going full-DPS Miko while ignoring low-HP teammates, it’d be doing the team more harm than good.

Consequently, I don’t think Orendi focusing on attack speed would hinder the team much.

2 Likes

OK there’s a difference between building or utilizing different parts of a kit, which is obviously what @Ashbweh meant, and things the characters are literally unable to do. Stop being dicks about it.

I can’t count how many times I’ve burst somebody down with pillars or Paradigm Shift and picked them off with bolts as they try to run away. The bolts are fast, especially with the travel speed buff, and have good range and decent damage. Stacking a piece of attack speed gear with Cadence isn’t a bad strategy, and may actually make Orendi a bit better in the early game. It’s not my current build, but it’s a perfectly viable one.

2 Likes

…huh?

Uh… neither I, nor @lolattheseforums, were criticizing @Ashbweh’s Orendi playstyle?

3 Likes

Don’t worry I know you weren’t.
I think what @Genericktag is saying is about the misinterpretation of what I said[quote=“Ashbweh, post:30, topic:1554555”]
There is no “wrong” way to play any character
[/quote]

It’s a tough subject to discuss as some people think there is a wrong way to play a character, but others like me think that “wrong” is the incorrect word to use to describe it.[quote=“Genericktag, post:47, topic:1554555”]
building or utilizing different parts of a kit
[/quote]

I agree with this, and it seems like some people look down on other peoples play-styles just because it isn’t the “best”, which is not the right thing to do.

1 Like

Perhaps “suboptimal”

3 Likes