Reload speed after completing a reload on Ernest?

I have a rare reload speed item that provides reload speed by default plus additional reload speed for five seconds after completing a reload. How does this interact with Ernest? Does he gain the benefit of the secondary effect after reloading a single grenade, or does he need to fully reload his weapon in order to activate it?

A single grenade will do it but it has to fill the clip and you have to use attack speed to notice the effect because of how long it takes to empty a clip. The 5 seconds starts the moment your clip is filled.

1 Like

Interesting… Think I’ll stick with a reload speed common then.

1 Like

I use a common reload, a common attack speed and a purple attack damage with attack speed secondary. He recently got a nerf. I used to use skill damage with attack speed instead but now that direct hits only effect one target at a time I think that attack damage is the safer bet for ■■■■■■■■■■ damage output.

Good luck and happy hunting.

It might be worth noting that there’s little point in firing just one grenade, regardless of your gear. You’re better off firing two, then reload. Ernest reloads grenades in pairs, so you’re still getting the shortest possible reload time.

In my experience, the Sidecar is actually a solid option on him, especially with its synergy with Expedited Explosives. (Although I seem to play Ernest in an unconventional way, I never liked The Ol’ Razzle-Dazzle to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue: )

View on lowlidev.com.au

2 Likes