Remaster - Well worth it

The word I heard yesterday was “No”, although I haven’t had a chance to check it myself yet.

1 Like

Not that I can see unless it’s super-hidden. I imported a few max-level endgame characters from the original and I saw no option to reset anywhere while going through the menus to start playing with them.

1 Like

If your game budget for this year is that $100, I’d pre-order 3.
Even though the remaster is excellent, it is in the end still BL1. The story and the world doesn’t change, just gets better.
If you already have BL1 on your system, or played it, you should go with 3 for the new experience.
–R0A

1 Like

When will the dlc’s come out? If it will be available within a month after release i’ll probably go with the season pass. If it will come by the dec or jan, i will just buy the base game for both.

My wife will be the one buying i am just worried that she will ask something in return. Lol. :joy::joy:

1 Like

You could always buy her a custom controller and a different game that also has couch co-op.

1 Like

I have a similar circumstance. We work with two factors, GMU and JMU, and there is a formula that we work with, similar to a damage calculation.
GMU is Game Monetary Unit in $10 increments
JMU is Jewelry Monetary Unit in $100 increments
TU is Time unit in hours per day per 3 month period

The formula for reconciliation is pretty straightforward;
JMU = (GMU*3) * TU
An example for, say, BL3 at pre-order pricing;
GMU will be $99
Initial TU will be 4 or 5
Each quarter will be evaluated, so for the initial release the result will be
$1,200 = ($99 *3)*4
ergo I have to spend the JMU price on some trinkets, and again, needs to be executed every quarter.
–RoA

1 Like

Wait do we have the same wife? Lol. She might want to buy a new tv set on the game once i ask her to buy, if the dlc came out she might buy another thing for sure, or worse might think of renovating the house, lol.

1 Like

The risk we run :slight_smile:
I’m in a slightly worse situation because I also own an airplane (1980 Mooney 231), and the calculations for adding new gear to that beast end up being much higher…
–RoA

1 Like

I might not have dilemna if disc is available, might buy it myself and hid it from my wife, but if it is digital i need her CC. lol.

1 Like

It’s all about the accuracy in the original. Find an 80 accuracy sniper and check then.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but I just compared the folder structure of the Enhanced Edition with the original GOTY edition and found there are 5 DLC folders in the new one but still only 4 in the original.

I’m thinking maybe the upgraded graphics, vending machines, new chests etc are treated like a DLC…either that or we’re in for a nice surprise in the future :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have played 1, I could be wrong here but I am playing it for the first time and it is really great. Glad I waited 10 years for the remastered edition, lol. Plus, you do not have to wait to scratch that BL itch!

2 Likes

Got to say, I’m enjoying it too! I hate the inventory and shop interface though. I guess I’ll probably get used to it, but I don’t like how little you can see at once.

Everything feels a bit slicker - not sure why. There’s a little mouse acceleration that I can’t get rid of, but not enough to really throw things off. I had a bunch of odd shadow glitches in New Haven at first, but somehow those fixed themselves. The resolution/refresh behavior sucks, but I’m managing to run at 1080p/60 regardless of what the menu says.

Because of the minimap, I found a new quest: Green Thumb. I’ve probably played through Rust Commons East 50 times over the years and never found it. I wonder what else is out there?

5 Likes

In recent years I haven’t really been able to play BL1 - the clunk, the chop, the FOV. Maybe it was the jarring difference between it and BL2, more likely my eyes are getting to that age.

The Enhanced version makes this game 100% playable for me now. I for one am delighted.

5 Likes

For the longest time I had no idea about that quest’s existence either. It was only when I was poring through the wiki and saw that, and I was like “hey wut” :slight_smile:

Speaking honestly, the first time I ever played BL1 was the only time I got motion sickness from an FPS. I got used to it fairly quickly, but that default FOV always felt way off. For awhile I tried doing the hacky way of fixing it in the ini files but I gave up on it after it magically reset itself one day. Having that FOV slider is a gamechanger for me.

The tedious chore of stopping to pick up all the ammo and money spewed around after combat is over is quite nice to be rid of too. You auto-pickup that stuff while in a vehicle too, BL2 style. No more stopping to grab the cash after running over a pack of skags. :smiley:

3 Likes

Much fun with the Remaster till this point! Maybe the best remasterd game i played :thinking:

One question. How many playthroughs got this version of bl1? 2 or 3?

1 Like

Damn, sounds awesome. Wish I had $30 to pick it up on Xbox, still a little bitter that PC gets a free upgrade and I gotta pay even though I’ve been here from the start. :frowning:

1 Like

Most of the improvements mentioned by others (minimap, waypoints, ammo / health pick-up…) are good and were needed. It was an nice surprise and shows the devs care about the players.

However, not all is for the better. I guess it’s a matter of preference, but the new menu in the backpack tab (and when you shop) to me is a pain to use. I know it’s more similar to BL2 now, but I find that item names are more telling than pictures. Unlike BL2, the models are dark and hard to distinguish at first glance. Also, max ammo refill is cool, but what would be even cooler is max refill of ALL ammo :wink:

Can anyone tell me how to un-equip something completely? To leave a blank slot? I don’t always want a grenade mod, for example.

2 Likes

I think highlighting it in the inventory tab and clicking on it should move it over to an empty backpack slot? If you don’t have an empty slot, of course, you won’t be able to move it.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming:
That worked, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes