Resetting play through

After completing play through on true vault hunter and acquiring mayhem mode, does resetting play through on true vault hunter cause character to lose mayhem mode? I want to just try, but if you lose mayhem, I dont want to be stuck playing base gear drops.

1 Like

No, and you no longer need to complete TVHM to unlock Mayhem either.

1 Like

Last patch enabled mayhem at start of TVHM so you should be safe

Thank You!

thoughremember it resets story progress, so if you want something from end game, its going to take a while to get

Not really, you can just drop in to normal and put Mayhem on and get it that way.

1 Like

Thanks!

Cianalas
Millennial Roaster and All-round Scamp

October 27

alt brandonlatzig:
thoughremember it resets story progress, so if you want something from end game, its going to take a while to get

Not really, you can just drop in to normal and put Mayhem on and get it that way.

Your normal playthrough still exists even if you launch a game with TVHM. I’m doing both at the moment and haven’t had an issue. I just change from normal to TVHM whenever I want.

Thank you!

For Console players, the last patch fixed Mayhem mode availability. You only need to have finished a normal playthrough on that character, then you can have it at any time.

It has made TVHM more enjoyable and challenging for me.

Thanks!

It’s weird because I beat the campaign a few weeks back and started normal/Mayhem 1. It’s not difficult and I like the increased everything we get.

I also started TVHM with my FL4K and it seems harder than normal/mayhem 1, at least to me. I can’t imagine what TVHM/Mayhem will be like. I may go ahead and switch over just to see what it plays like.

For those of you playing Mayhem 2 and 3, are you steamrolling through enemies like I see on the YT vids, or do you have to play cautious and it takes some time to kill shielded AI? I’m hoping its the later or there may be something wrong with me.

I can’t speak to M3, I’m too casual for that nonsense lol. However in M2 my experience isn’t that different other than I have to use my melee to replenish ammo artifact since I get bullet sponges. Shields don’t get me down, it’s usually when the enemies have a combined weapon damage increase and an accuracy increase that I am always in ffyl. Any other modifiers I seem to register only occasionally.

Ensure you have options available and you’ll be fine. I have a radiation sniper for the times shock damage is lowered, and corrosive/cryo seem very interchangeable for armor. Cryo and radiation don’t give a bonus but if incendiary is hampered - both are still good against flesh.

1 Like

I set my level 50 FL4K to Mayhem 2 last night but decided to start Amara as a new character just for a change of scenery. I’ll go back to FL4K tonight to see if Mayhem 2 plays any differently for how I’m setup.

I’m glad you mentioned the option changes as I haven’t been reading what’s been changing. I’ll be doing that now. Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Not knowing your build at all, I would also like to recommend you consider using the fire spiderant pet. It gives health regen (if you’re missing it or just struggling to stay out of ffyl) and helps boost your elemental damage since you’ll be trying that out. Happy hunting!

1 Like

Pretty funny as that’s what I’m running. I’ve respec’d a million times but like the Rakk attack/spiderant (scorcher) build the best. The challenge I have is keeping my pet alive through an entire play session. I’ve applied as many points as I can to help this, but sometimes at the most “not opportune” time I’ll see him/her down and out!!

Hmmmm, I think that (beefcake aside) the jabber actually tends to have the best survivability. The fact it attacks from range means it never really gets too close to enemies. Only downside is sometimes the batteries they pick up get shot before they throw them which is such a facepalm.

My Fl4k is only 35 atm and I’ve been using r4kk so far and loving it. When I’m at 50 I’ll be testing out how the r4kk build does with terror anointments… And giving gamma burst a run as well. Not many people like it but I’m excited for a radiation build.

1 Like

I’ve been full circle on my skills respec’ing on my way to level 50 but I came back to Rakk attack after the campaign was finished. I needed Fade Away for the final few missions and the bosses, not sure why, but I got through easier with that crutch.

I was going to try Mayhem 2 with FL4K but got caught up playing with Amara. Her melee skill is really cool and I got to level 8 without even blinking. So much to do in this game! I hadn’t thought about the pet and the area they work from much but will have to do that now.

1 Like