Resolution in game vs display

I have my display set at 4k (2160) but I want to run Borderlands 3 in 1080P or 1440 so I can run high or ultra settings, but Full screen ends up being a smaller image in the middle of the screen instead of scaled to full screen. If I run borderless windows, it shows up as 2160 even if I set the resolution down to 1080p.

I could have sworn this worked previously, but it doesn’t now.

by “shows up as 2160” do you mean active signal resolution resets to 2160? If yes, I have the same problem.

In my case, workaround was to go to :
Display Setting > Advanced Display Settings > Display adaptor properties for Display [number of the display] > Adapter tab > List All Modes > choose from the list.

I’m running BL3 fullscreen borderless.

So, what your suggesting is to change the screen resolution in Windows to match what I want instead of having the game change settings.

I could do that, but I don’t have to do this for other games that I play (e.g. Red Dead Redemption and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla).

The Titan Xp I’m running can handle 2160 @ Medium quality and the game is playable, but I’d prefer the rest of the eye candy.

If you switch from windowed to fullscreen you should be able to turn down the resolution without it turning into a smaller image.

That’s what I expected, but what I end up with is a giant black border surrounding the section of the screen that matches the resolution I’ve chosen.

I was hoping there was something I was missing. I guess one option might be to basically backup my character save files, and erase everything and start over fresh…

Hmm, that’s not how that’s supposed to work. I’d put in a ticket with 2k. You may need to clear a texture cache or something weird. Link is pinned at the top of this group.

I submitted a ticket.

Thanks for attempting to help me with this adventure.

1 Like

Just in case someone else runs into this, what I found was that I needed to enable full-screen scaling under the Nvidia control panel. It still doesn’t make sense, but since making that one change, the issue is resolved.

(and I can run 1080p Ultra in BL3 and see ~ 60 FPS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to know. Been in the market for a 4k tv, so I’ll probably be dealing with this soon enough.

I’m using a LG TV for my display - which works reasonably well.