[RESOLVED] June 25th Skin code not working (PS4)

@JoeKGBX

The code you guys released is comming up expired on ps4. I tried to redeem it about 30 min after you announced it. I’ve spent the last half hour trying to get it to register. What was the time frame on the code? Is this a bug or has it really expired already?

[Edit]
First it said it was expired, now it telling me it “cannot be redeemed”. What’s going on?

[Edit²]
Aaaand it’s back to expired…

3 Likes

It works on PC. I got it to work after several tries. On PS4 however I have yet to get it to work, so something is up. I really hope that they get this fixed before it expires or they extend the time due to the error.

4 Likes

I’m having issues on PS4 as well. Comes up expired.

1 Like

Im in the same boat as you guys. saying its expired or cannot be redeemed

1 Like

Shift is just being a buggy bi**h as usual. GBX will probably fix it in an hour or two. Sigh*

It’s complete ■■■■■■■■ that a software giant can’t fix something so minor to the game as SHiFT codes. It’s been almost 2 months and it has always been an issue. For them not to address it is concerning.

Doesn’t work for me either (on ps4). Pretty sure they will fix it, but it’s still annoying, especially since the problem about shift codes isn’t really new.

4 Likes

Software giant? IDK about that one Gearbox is not one of the biggest game companies.

Copy everybody else on PS4: Code not working.

1 Like

Same thing on Xbox One

1 Like

Same for me, not working on PS4.
Also sent the shift code to several friends who don’t follow gearbox on twitter or use the forums & had them tell me the same.

1 Like

I recommend to be patient and persistent - In my personal experience there was no Shift-code that worked on first try. I had always to do it at least 3 times until they worked, sometimes it helped to wait a bit.
This time my fiance had to try it 9 times until it finally worked, while I had my skins on first try. (XB1)

Thanks for the heads-up @JoeKGBX :heart:

Hey guys, glad you brought this up.

The team identified a bug with SHiFT quite a while back that makes it so you have to spam the redeem button in order to get the code to work.

Spamming the redeem button should eventually get the code to to work. I tested the codes as did GBX QA and 2K, so we know they work, FWIW.

I’ve been told a fix for this is issue is included in an upcoming update.

2 Likes

…excuse me? A while back? And you guys are just now getting around to it? I realize you’re all probably fairly busy, but isn’t this kind of thing somewhat high on the priority list? I’ve input the code and spammed the submit button well over 100 times and still gotten nothing… I… sigh*…okay. Sure. Whatever.

Could you consider extending the shift code’s validity then? Not only it’s difficult to get it to work, but also there are lots of people who cannot access their PCs/consoles during the weekend.

Making it work as long as the double credits event would be great.

1 Like

That method works if we get the cannot be redeemed error, I’ve done it myself so I can confirm that.

However, I’ve been trying on & off since the code was released (at least a couple hundred attempts now) & I’m still only getting a this code has expired message & nothing else.

Spam the redeem button? Really? That’s gearbox’s solution to this? From what you saying gearbox already knew this would be a problem? I’ve completely lost all faith in gearbox.

3 Likes

I do this with all of the codes that have come out for Battleborn and up until now it has worked for me. On PC I got the code to work this way as well. Something different may be going on for the PS4 right now however as the code refuses to work and I have spammed the redeem button over 100 times by now and it still isn’t redeeming. Others are reporting the same thing on PS4. Any idea what might be up?

1 Like

Nope. spamming on PS4 spams me the same expired message.

1 Like

Spamming/Trying to use on Xbox results in the same "expired"message.

2 Likes