Resolved :: please delete

Title says it all…

I’ve been playing BL2 on Xbox One for about a month and I know for a fact that my badass rank was working properly on Xbox One - challenges were unlocking, also…

PLEASE DO NOT MISTAKE MY POSTING FOR THE 360 TO XBOX ONE CLOUD SAVE BUG…
– -- – THIS IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT

Booted up my game today and all of my user settings
(controller settings, video settings, audio settings, etc. were all reset back to default)

I fixed my menu settings back to the way that i had them and played on for about 15min…

When I brought up my inventory menu, I saw the absolute worst thing ever… Badass Rank, Challenges GONE!!
My Badass rank was above 60,000 but somewhere below 61,500 (i’m positive of that)
Now it shows a big fat ZERO!!! All challenges are locked again…

My character level, inventory items and mission progress was not affected…

—HOWEVER—

I have been playing this game and ONLY this game for a solid month (every chance that i have)… I’ve traded sleep for game time more often than I would like to admit… I’ve farmed for days and monitored my challenges closely in order to figure out the most efficient way to grind BA Rank in the process…

The moment that I realized that this had happened to me, I powered down the Xbox, because, honestly, I don’t even want to play the game anymore…

Since all of my hours / days / weeks / months /years of effort to build up my character can be erased in an instant, why the heck would I want to start over from ZERO, after having a 60k BA rank wiped and the threat of another stat reset lingering over my head each and every time i load the game up??

I’m in UVHM-OP8 and each of my Bonus stats translated to between a 13.5% to 15.5% buff (per stat)
–That’s extremely important at this stage of the game! But now where are those buffs when I need them most?? After all of that preparation to better aid me through it, I was shafted.

Games are supposed to be fun but, let me tell you that, there’s nothing fun about what just happened to me, this morning.

Please, for the love Pandora would you please sort this issue for me? I’ve sunk waaaaayy too many hundreds of hours into this game…

I love Borderlands, but, this just took the wind right out of my sails…

Be aware that, as of this moment, I will be playing Destiny again and have no desire to play Borderlands anymore… I would not purchase another installment in the future, unless the situation is rectified…

Please, also, be aware that, yes, I’m upset but I did my best to keep the post clean… I understand that, like myself, you devs are human… Mistakes happen… We’re all gonna make ‘em… I guess that, more than anything, I fear that my claim will get lost in the shuffle because you are all so busy and couldn’t possibly keep up with your customer-base… Either that, or this gets noticed and i get a message that goes something like, "Dear Mr so & so… We’ apologize for the mishap so here’s a shift code for a lousy gun and 100 badass tokens so that you can recover two-hundred of the almost sixty-one thousand ba rank that you lost… IDK, what to think, honestly… I just hope that someone out there sees this and will make things right…

EDITMy 61 Golden Keys reset to 1, also… But that’s the least of my worries…

That’s all that I have to say about that…

Have a good one
–Jim F. – XBL Gamertag = MJ FAME

Sounds like your save data is corrupted. Did you try the cloud transfer again?

Save data is fine… you see, BA ranks, keys, heads/skins are tied to gamertag, which is a completely different save set… it’s a database table, if you will. (That’s why keys/BA rank didn’t originally transfer at launch… Because the BL2 cloud function originally was only storing the standard save set and wasn’t pairing the extracted .gpd table from the gamer profile with it) My issue was not the 360 to x1 cloud transfer, though… Was just giving an explanation to why that was an issue at launch since GB never explained the reason for that issue, if I’m not mistaken.

-yeah, I’m a bit of a technophile :wink:

The save file handles the regular stuff like story progressiong and inventory… that stuff was not affected…

I am pleased to announce that the wonderful GB Staff has already recovered my golden keys and badass rank.
Top-notch service.

Thanks GB

Save data corruption is still a half true possibility.

BAR and Golden Keys (as well as heads and skins) are all tied to your profile. If for some reason some of your profile data was corrupted or not downloaded properly, this can cause a reset.

1 Like

Makes sense. thanks for your input.