[RESOURCE] Cataclysm Backgrounds for HWR

Hey gang,

First, I did not convert the Location Unknown (Kadesh) or Hiigara backgrounds because it seems the HW1 and HW2 backgrounds would work better. If there’s popular demand I can go back and finish converting those three.

Anyways, I yanked the backgrounds from Cataclysm, did some Photoshoppery to fix any extraction artifacts and try to add more detail and contrast to them, and set them up with volumetric and flare keys and lighting.

Consider this version 1. All the backgrounds currently have the same lens flare, and the lighting is probably a bit screwy/overdramatic on some. So feedback is welcome. Also, would it be easier for people if I put this on the workshop as a “mod” ?

Download link! https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjer0ow4rcnbbvr/cataclysm_backgrounds_v1.zip?dl=0

5 Likes

In FB’s HW3 group, ask Brandon Toomey if he could remaster these backgrounds.
I think if he has some time available, he would do it …

3 Likes

I’m really excited for this, and I thank you much for sharing this resource! What a truly great way to kick off HW: Cataclysm season (a season often referred to as fall and winter).

2 Likes

A first feedback: I created 2 maps called HW1 and HW2 random, so they call backgrounds randomly. That is possible because the files and folder names follow a logic like ez01, ez02 in HW1 and m01, m02 in HW2. If you could keep the same structure, it would be better (something like cata01, cata02 …).

1 Like

These backgrounds might persuade GBX that starting from scratch isn’t that hard, but who am I to tell them what to do lol.
But these give me memories. Mostly good ones, some involve damn 2 fps on the last mission :wink:

Cataclysm for homeworld 3

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this! I’m sure it will be appreciated by many.

2 Likes

Does this bring back memories?

6 Likes

Yay!! It’s nice to see them with proper lighting isn’t it? :smiley:

1 Like

Horrible, horrible memories. Of that mission anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I CANT SAVE THEM ALL COMMAND, SHUT UP!

1 Like