Rest in peace my cyborg luchador friend

I would like to take a moment to say goodbye to El Dragon. He took the nerf hammer to the face and I don’t think he will recover. Gearbox decided that he deserves not love like the other melee characters got, but instead scorn. Your damage is pathetic, you will die before you can harm a fly let alone another battleborn, and Gearbox seems to be ok with it.

Rest in peace you beautiful man.

THE DRAGON HAS BEEN SLAIN!

LONG LIVE THE FOXTROTS!

Seriously, though rest in peace.

2 Likes

He’ll be back.

3 Likes

I have little to no faith in Gearbox at this point. At least with Battleborn, I still believe in Borderlands.

1 Like

It was inevitable. Him, Rath, and Ghalt had one thing in common, the instakill combo. If they ever wanted to reach ttk neutrality, this was a necessity. Now, I think they should’ve buffed Clothesline and health, but that’s a different story. I stand behind a few of the nerfs. The rest bewilder me a tad. But luckily, I’m too trusting, and would likely be actually angry if I wasn’t

3 Likes

Ugh
wait till he drops
If he does that terrible he’ll get a rework and probably a hot fix before that.
I wouldn’t be surprised if in a week or two he gets an hp/damage buff

Im happy with the Nerf, because i rarely played with El Dragón, i think he is (was) too strong. It was not fair to play with him. I never play characters who is OP, or unfair (i see you press “e” to win Galilea). Everytime i choosed dragón, i just smash everything up, get a kill or a double kill, then i just ran away from the danger. It was cheap.

I just wanted to stop by and pay my respects. Too soon. Too soon…

1 Like

But it took ambra forever to become playable again. And it took a whole new patch to try and set kelvin back up to be where he needed to be

With the new patch
changes can and will happen more frequently. That was one one of the more important things I picked up on with all the oct update talk

Ghalt desperately needed a rework and was basically one of the most cancerous characters in the game when playing incursion. And he still will be able to contribute in an incredible manner. Comparing his strengths to rath and dragon isn’t fair to them since both of them have to invade the opponents territory to even attempt to contribute. Ghalt gets the privelage of pulling characters into his territory to let the other midliners and back liners absolutely guarantee a kill on a character while the opposing team can’t really do anything to save the character hooked. Ghalt is/was a low risk high reward character

Rath and el dragon imo were fine. The only changes that I felt were necessary in the slightest for el dragon was a reduction in clap damage or speed and the tweak in aoe damage from dragon splash. That’s it. Rath doesn’t need his damage toned on dreadwind it’s not an auto kill. Both of these characters can’t just wipe parties by themselves with no support unless the teAm is bad and at that point I could pub stomp with any character.

El dragon was a high risk high reward character that has basically no range attack except for his clap but is expected to be in characters faces with one of the lowest health pools in the game. Anyone can sit there and say that clothesline is an amazing escape and be true but then you don’t have an initiation and rely on him sprinting around and not getting shot at and if you respect el dragons capabilities even in the slightest your going to shoot him on sight.

Lastly these next questions are not directed at you but to the entirety of the player base. When exactly is it that we are meant to take responsibility for our being unaware? To be punished for our tunnel vision and kill diving? What does balance mean to you all? Is balanced when all characters are “fair” for pugs? Fair for premades? Fair for a party that likes to mix it up with a few randoms? Fair for tourney play?

Because imo, if decent coordination is all it takes to shut down these Op assassins then they should not be getting nerfed

3 Likes

I agree with Ghalt and El Dragõn but not Rath. His silence to ensure stun combo followed by high speed dreadwind was nearly unescapable. Thorn and Orendi have high damage ults but can’t lock you down.
IMO
We should be responsible for being unaware when it won’t make it so you can die from full health from one person
We should be punishes for tunnel vision and kill diving constantly (Pendles is punished by having a weak kit out of stealth)
Balance is when no hero is chosen more than another because of maximum output. If a character can reach a higher maximum output with a similar skill input, the game is not balanced. I’m fine with complex or advanced characters, but not when they can’t do as much even when played as competently.
Fair is when 10 people of the exact same skill level go against each other repeatedly, and no character does consistently better. This is assuming they are all good.
Decent coordination is not all it takes to take out El Dragõn atm. Because the his team can also have decent coordination. If Kleese pulls you and Galilea pulls you again as he’s en fuego, he wouldn’t die. Even if the enemy team was coordinated, this could possibly happen with a Rath there and a Reyna to the left.
That’s about it

Phoebe, Toby and Reyna are having an argument in the cargo bay.

PHOEBE:
You had no right to borrow my laboratory equipment without first consulting me, Reyna!

REYNA:
Dumb b**** says what?

TOBY:
What?

REYNA:
No… Toby… you’re supposed to let her say…

El Dragón enters looking completely dismayed. His eyes are red and he has clearly been crying. He begins looking around the crates, oblivious to the presence of the other three.

EL DRAGÓN: (To himself)
I know you’re around. I know you’re on board… Why did you shut your comms off… I… I just… I need to talk to someone… someone who… who… understands…

PHOEBE:
El Dragón, are you ok?

EL DRAGÓN: (Hastily trying to compose himself upon realizing he’s not alone)
AH!!! PHOEBE!!! Worry not fair lady! El Dragón is… is ready! Ready to defend your honor, in battle against those who would besmirch your good name!

REYNA:
Whatcha lookin’ for!

EL DRAGÓN:
Why my sweet lady… El Dragón is looking for you…

REYNA:
Yeah. Enough bulls***. What are you looking for?

EL DRAGÓN: (Continuing his prideful act)
Passion… commitment… a union of two souls…

TOBY:
Benedict’s in the back there.

BENEDICT:
What!!! Toby… NO!!! Don’t…

EL DRAGÓN:
Ah thank you… my most adorable little admirer. Allow me to provide you with an autographed copy of my latest publicity photo…

El Dragón hands out an autographed photo to Toby. He glares back at him.

TOBY:
I… I… I… I… am… NOT ADORABLE!!! WHAT IS IT WITH YOU PEOPLE!!?!??! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? BRUTALLY PEEL OFF SOMEONE’S SKIN AND WEAR IT LIKE A COAT? DO I NEED TO KNIFE MY FACE WITH A BUNCH OF COOL SCARS FOR YOU TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!!??? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO!!??? TELL ME!!!

EL DRAGÓN:
Well little boy… to become a great luchador like El Dragón…

TOBY:
I AM NOT A LITTLE BOY!!! WHAT THE F**K IS WRONG WITH YOU!!???

EL DRAGÓN:
There is NOTHING WRONG WITH El Dragón!!! El Dragón is beautiful, undefeatable, amazing…

Tears begin welling up in his eyes.

EL DRAGÓN:
But… but… I’m… I’m… getting nerfed!!! Eveyone wants El Dragón to be a funny joke!

Phoebe and Reyna back towards the door. El Dragón starts sobbing openly.

TOBY:
Uh… uh… oh… uh… are you… don’t… don’t cry… awwwwww… now I kind of feel bad…

Phoebe and Reyna glance at each other briefly and roll their eyes. They turn back.

TOBY:
Listen… hey… it’s ok man… they nerfed my force field too… they nerf things all the time… but it’ll get better.

EL DRAGÓN:
Hold me…

El Dragón grabs Toby from Berg and begins squeezing him against his chest.

TOBY:
Hey… (gasp)… hey… (gasp)… I… (gasp)… can’t breathe… (gasp)… Reyna… (gasp)… help…

BENEDICT: (Stepping from the back)
Dragon Man, alright… let him go. I’m here.

EL DRAGÓN:
BENEDICT!!!

He drops Toby.

EL DRAGÓN:
Did you see what they’re saying about El Dragón? They are saying he is… he is… he is… DEAD!!!

El Dragón starts to walk towards Benedict. Benedict backs away.

BENEDICT:
No… no… no… we went through this last week… no more hugging. Dude… it’s a fking video game. It’s a fking video game. It has no bearing on your being a badass here in real life. They nerf and buff people all the time. My character was like… a GOD OF ROCKETS for a while. Attikus was absolutely worthless for a while. It happens. Get over it… Seriously man… I can’t handle another support group session. I can’t do that again. 6 hours dude. 6 hours of hugging and tears over a video game. Enough! You’re better than this man. You’re El Dragón.

El Dragón nods and falls to his knees trying to regain his composure. He breathes deeply for a while, then stands.

EL DRAGÓN: (Sniffing)
You’re right. I’m El Dragón.

BENEDICT:
That’s right man… you’re El Dragón! You’re a badass!

EL DRAGÓN: (Breathing in deeply and regaining confidence)
I’m El Dragón!

BENEDICT:
Hell yeah!

EL DRAGÓN: (Shouting and extending his arms)
I’m EEEELLLLLLLLLL DRAAAAAGÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓÓNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

He runs forward towards Benedict.

BENEDICT:
Woah… dude… hold on!!!

El Dragón’s right arm catches Benedict by the stomach as he attempts to fly away. El Dragón knocks the wind out of him and runs him straight into the back wall. He collapses on the floor and rolls around gasping for breath. El Dragón marches out of the room chanting his name. Toby walks over to Benedict.

TOBY:
This doesn’t make us even. Not after the bulls**t you pulled at your trial.

Benedict coughs and sputters on the floor, but regains just enough composure to speak for a few seconds.

BENEDICT:
(gasp)… Fk you Toby… (gasp)… put some… (gasp)… fcking pants on… (gasp)

Benedict collapses on the floor in a coughing fit. Toby walks off with Reyna and Phoebe.

6 Likes

I’ll give it week. Last time he was nerfed, they reverted it almost made immediately.

You should have been here when op8 and UVHM was initially released in BL2. Gearbox pulled similar things they did with BL2.

Condolences to the Dragon mains. Must be tough…

Please, Please, PLEASE make a story where Toby actually DOES rip off someone’s skin and wear it! PLEASE!! I NEED a story where my favorite character displays similar traits to me.

It is.

Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but I gotta respond. As someone who uses him so much, he was not unfair, or cheap, or press “this” to win. The nerfs seem obnoxious. He dies too fast to be an unfair character.