Returning to Elpis

I agree with many of your points. I still go back to TPS quite regularly.

My issue with TPS isn’t so much the mechanics and loot, it’s the level design. I’m trying to get through UVHM with Athena. My next mission though is through Pity’s Fall. Ugh, that also means Veins of Helios isn’t far off. I’ll eventually do them, and probably enjoy(ish) them. And there’s trying to find your way around the space station.

I do love Oz kits and slamming. Slamming in BL3?? Really? The mantling is O.K. Sliding, meh.

I used the grinder maybe three times. Meh.

Did you play Claptastic Voyage? I would love to see the return of glitched weapons.

2 Likes

Yeah, I loved the Claptastic Voyage DLC. Such a great concept and so fun to play. Especially as Claptrap, because of the dialogue. And I really liked the glitch weapons. That element of random bonus effect is cool. There’s a few weapons in B3 that have something similar, but not many. Hopefully one of the DLCs will add a new weapon mechanic, maybe like this, for extra fun. =]

2 Likes

Oh man. That WILL be painful. That’s why most of the time in older Borderlands it’s faster to save/quit/reload than it is to run back to the start of a map.

1 Like

I miss “group by weapon type”. Borderlands 2 and TPS did that rather well. Probably BL1 as well. In BL3, it might be able to sort by weapon type, but it doesn’t provide a clear divide between weapon type groups.

1 Like

Thats because the second sort category is by useless Item Score and it’s a mess.

1 Like