Revert Beam Grenade Change

It makes very little sense to me why Gearbox nerfed beam grenades in regards to Moze’s grenade build into the ground. MoD and Vampyr no longer work with beam grenades which effectively makes those perks have little to no effect now being a waste of time to use (so long as I want to use Stormfront or anything like that). This is a straight up unnecessary nerf and should be changed back. Stop trying to force players to play the way you want. Introduce more ways to play, but don’t force players out of one way. That’s how you drive off players

16 Likes

This last patch with halloween event completly destroyed grenade build for Moze, most of her grenade passives are usesless. no healing from grenades, there is like no grenade regen, Thanks Gearsoft … if you do this why dont you buff Bear at least as we can at last use her action build? Sad panda here for this. I am up for revert as well, this was too severe thing to do for Moze Grenadier.

3 Likes

Just tried it doesnt work with other types of grenades as well, now grenade build is obsolete not playable for Moze…

2 Likes

It just doesn’t work for beam grenades like HEX, Quasar, and Storm Front. Others like the widowmaker, explosion, or regular grenades all work still.

3 Likes

Yeah it works for useless grenades, they already nerfed hex dmg by 70% so why doing this i dont get it? really seems they forcing ppl to play non grenade builds. FIX damn Bear already pls. Giving it +50% hp doesnt change anything, still useless on Mayhem 3.

1 Like

All grenades should deal splash damage and all grenades should activate skills . They shouldnt be changing any legendaries imo . I dont care if legendaries are not working as they intended . I intend to have fun with whatever i find . Why is fun being nerfed ?

9 Likes

The other grenades aren’t useless. I use a MIRV Widowmaker and have great success with it.

2 Likes

didnt they say in the roadmap that is this is a bug they are fixing?

2 Likes

Widowmake is horrible but ok. Most grenades are horrible, and doing this to best grenades modes to Moze doesnt make sense to me.

3 Likes

It’s not. You should actually try it. It’s very strong, just has a slight delay.

2 Likes

If a player finds any legendary fun or usefull it gets nerfed . Games are supposed to be fun .if i find something in the game thats fun it shouldnt be nerfed.do they not want me to enjoy playing the game ?

6 Likes

Grenade Moze is no more fun now…

6 Likes

See it’s okay if they really think the beam grenades are overperforming and such, then just make adjustments like slight damage decreases or changes to the perks themselves, but to just make the best grenades straight up incompatible with the build by making half the perks useless is an utterly ridiculous idea.

5 Likes

The skills aren’t useless, they just no longer work with those three grenades. Use others and it still works.

4 Likes

I haven’t played grenade Moze since the change. So did they change it so that the secondary damage from “tesla” grenades no longer proc Vampyr and MoD?

2 Likes

Every legendary that has been nerfed or changed shouldnt even be in the legendary category anymore . Why do they have orange rarity color when they perform as bad as white rarity ? Legendaries should be legendary . That means they should perfom better than the rest . All the nerfed legendaries are only legendary in item color but not in performance lmao

8 Likes

A baseless statement. Go into Slaughtershaft with only white gear vs the Nerfed Balanced legendaries to compare.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. The skills are useless with those three grenades. I don’t want to be FORCED to use different grenades. In the course of playing the game and coming across grenades I’ll happily try them out, but what happened here is stupid

3 Likes

Why they would nerf ANY weapon that isn’t completely broken in a PVE game is ridiculous to me.
Are the NPCs making posts crying, ranting and complaining they are being killed too much by hex grenades, and Moze is impossible to kill?
Is this hurting Gravewards kill / death rate, and is he ranting about it?
Is it making your team lose matches in competitive multiplayer?
NO…
There goal is supposed to be keeping the player base playing longer?
Unfortunately it’s seem to be driving them away permanently or making them frustrated to the point of moving on to different game until Gear Box FINALLY figures out what the final changes to the game are going to be.
It’s kinda sad that I’m enjoying to BL3 fourms more than the actual game rite now…

11 Likes

I started the game up the first time after the latest patch today expecting to have some fun on my weekend with the new event (I loved the campaign btw). I noticed something was wrong minutes after i started playing. I wasnt getting any grenades or health back anymore so i checked the patchnotes. Nothing mentioned there so i thought it is me. After reading a bunch of stuff on the forums and reddit i now know that they stealth nerfed the build i am running. This is demoralizing for me the say the least. I have only so much time a day to play games and i really enjoyed the game so for. The gaming industry and gamers get hit left and right these days and this just kills BL3 for me. Moze is my only character. I dont even run a full grenade build (i use stormfront to fuel my legendary rocket launcher and get my shields back). Fallout 1st last week and now this. Just why?..

4 Likes